The Pastry War
310 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
Sagebrush And Pine Toddy
- 2 oz. Yellow Rose Blended whiskey
- 1 oz. Zirbenz Pine liqueur
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 1.5 oz. hot water
- 1 oz. Sage-peppercorn simple syrup
Add all ingredients to toddy mug and stir briefly. Garnish with rosemary sprig and fresh peppercorns.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 6 medium-sized sage leaves
In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir sugar and reduce heat to medium. Add black peppercorns and sage leaves. Immediately remove from heat. Let syrup sit for five minutes and then strain into a clean glass jar.
- 1.5 oz. Yellow Rose Outlaw Bourbon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 oz. quality hot chocolate
- Cinnamon stick garnish
In a mug, add bourbon and cinnamon. Add fresh hot chocolate. Stir to mix. Add garnish.
- 1.5 oz Yellow Rose Blended whiskey
- 1 oz apple cinnamon syrup (see below)
- 0.5 oz lemon juice
Build over cracked ice in a rocks glass. Stir. Garnish with cinnamon stick and apple peel.
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 Granny Smith apples, quartered (to boil) + 4 Granny Smith apples, quartered (to infuse overnight)
- 4 cinnamon sticks, broken into large pieces
Bring all ingredients (only half the apples) to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 8-10 minutes until sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool. Discard solids and strain into a clean glass jar. Add remaining apples and infuse 8 hours.