In “The B-Straw and Pauly G Bracket”, Paul Gallant and Brien Straw create tournaments – in the world of sports and beyond – where only one can prevail. They accept listener and reader nominations every week after announcing the topic every Monday at 9 PM CT on “B-Straw and Pauly G”.
This week’s topic and early nominees: The Best Sports Comebacks, inspired by the Rockets rally from down 3-1 against the Clippers.
1. The Boston Red Sox rallying against the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS
2. Frank Reich’s deadly duo: His 1984 comeback with Maryland against Miami. And of course, that ‘1993 one.
3. The “Clutch City” Rockets Era 1994 – 1995.
4. Reggie Miller’s 9 second rampage against the Knicks in 1995.
5. The ’14 Colts comeback in the Wild Card round against the Kansas City Chiefs.
6. The ’15 Rockets in the Western Conference semi-finals against the Clippers.
7. Tracy McGrady’s late barrage for the Rockets against the Spurs in 2004.
8. Plano East’s insane comeback against John Tyler in the third round of the 1994 Texas State Football Playoffs.
Listener and reader nominations (via text, tweet, comment, or email) will be accepted until Thursday at midnight. Friday at 9 PM CT on “B-Straw and Pauly G”, a bracket will be created, and a “Championship” will be won.
Paul Gallant co-hosts the “B-Straw and Pauly G” show – weeknights 7-11 PM on SportsRadio 610. He also hosts SportsZone Unfiltered – Fridays at 10 PM – on The Kube: Channel 57. Get in touch with Paul via email or at his facebook page: Paul Gallant: SportsRadio610.
[twitter-follow screen_name=’GallantSays’ show_count=’yes’]
Brien Straw also co-hosts “B-Straw and Pauly G” – weeknights 7-11 PM on SportsRadio 610. Get in touch with Brien via email.
[twitter-follow screen_name=’BStrawRadio’ show_count=’yes’]