Houston (CBS Houston) – The Baltimore Ravens were frustrated almost from the start and never recovered according to Texans safety D.J. Swearinger.
“We hit’em in the mouth sorta early-it sorta shocked them a bit. And it worked, and we stayed on it,” said the second year safety.
“I think we did a great job of playing smash mouth football.”
He alluded to the Texans not receiving the respect they deserve heading into the Ravens game.
“They underestimated us all week. Didn’t give us a shot,” Swearinger said. “We let that speak for itself with the victory.”
The defensive gameplan was “incredible” according to Swearinger and he said the Texans were shocked they could continue to blitz the Ravens so much.
“It was crazy how they couldn’t stop it,” he said about the Texans using a certain blitz multiple times in a successful way.
“Anytime we have blitzes, we think [the blitz] is gonna get there, but the way it did today, it was kinda shocking.”
He said the Ravens looked to be getting more and more frustrated after their early drives failed to convert into first down. He said the Ravens didn’t even respond to his trash talk after their early failures on offense.
Follow Stoots on Twitter – @Cody_Stoots
- Jerry Jones Attends Memorial To Late Texans Owner Bob McNair
- Fantasy Football Week 14: Playoffs Are Here! Let Philip Rivers Guide The Way
- NFL Picks Week 14: Ravens Put Up A Fight, But Chiefs Remain Atop AFC
- Ravens-Chiefs Week 14 Matchup
- Redskins The Latest To Hide Behind Tired Excuses For Not Signing Kaepernick