HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – Jason Terry was all smiles at Saturday’s Rockets shootaround, and for good reason.
The guard commonly referred to as “The Jet” just had his fifth child, all of them girls.
“Jrue with a J, Emani Tene Terry, so still JETT, with two T’s,” Terry said.
Asked if there was a possibility Terry would keep having children until he’d get a boy, the answer was quick.
“No way, no way,” Terry said with a joking smile. “My wife… I’ll be divorced really soon if that’s the case, but we’re done. The “Terry Factory” has been closed and on to regularly scheduled business and that’s back here on the court.”
Terry said having five kids doesn’t quite come close to what his parents went through.
“I’m one of 10, mind you, so I’m only halfway to what my mother was.”
Terry missed the Rockets’ last two games to be with his wife as they gave birth to Jrue. Terry has been a spark primarily off the bench in his first season with the Rockets, averaging 8.7 points and shooting 38.5 percent on three-pointers.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Grant Hill: Making A Final Four Run Is About Limiting Distractions
- Markus Howard: Players To Watch In NCAA Tournament
- How To Watch 2019 NCAA Tournament: Dates, Game Times, & TV Schedule
- Come Play Our Bracket Challenge!
- 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracket Released: Duke, North Carolina, Virginia & Gonzaga Earn Top Seeds