DALLAS (CBS HOUSTON) – The College Football Playoff selection committee had a tough decision. There decision is to have Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Ohio State in the inaugural four team College Football Playoff. The selection was not without controversy.
Baylor (11-1) and TCU (11-1) both believe that their resume should have been enough to place them in the playoff, but the committee chose to leave them out. The two Texas teams were the only teams to not play in a conference championship game. The teams shared the Big 12 Conference Championship.
The four teams in will now play a two round tournament to determine a National Champion. Alabama, the top seed, will play the fourth seeded Ohio State while second seeded Oregon will play Florida State. The winners of those games will meet in Arlington Texas at AT&T Stadium for the national Championship.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- WWE Stomping Grounds 2019 Picks: Who Is The Special Guest Referee?
- Travelers Championship: How Low Can Brooks Koepka, Patrick Cantlay Go?
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019: USWNT Knockout Phase Matchup Scenarios
- TPC River Highlands: A Shot-Making Test At Travelers Championship
- Baseball Report: MLB On Pace To Smash Season Home Run Record