CANUTILLO, Texas (AP) — Firefighters in West Texas have rescued a pregnant woman and her 3-year-old daughter from their home filled with carbon monoxide.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says the woman called 911 on Tuesday after feeling disoriented and weak at her Canutillo home. Firefighters cut through her fence to reach the home and found the 8-month-pregnant woman and child on the floor.

Authorities say the woman and girl felt better after being removed from the home and given oxygen. They were taken to an area hospital in unknown but stable conditions.

Firefighters say the home contained a high concentration of the gas, which can cause respiratory problems, brain damage or death.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s