DALLAS (SPORTSRADIO610.com) – Chandler Parsons left Houston for the Dallas Mavericks and a big contract this off-season as a restricted free-agent. The Rockets did not match the $46 million offer sheet the Mavericks put up for the forward. Parsons even commented about how he was surprised the Rockets didn’t try to re-sign him. The 6-foot-9 25-year-old doesn’t seem so broken up about leaving the fourth biggest city in the country for it’s neighbor to the north.
“It’s cleaner here,” Parsons said when asked about the biggest difference between Dallas and Houston. “It’s just like a nicer, cleaner city.
“Downtown there’s not much to do [in Houston]. It’s just a bunch of businesses, it’s just kind of dirty.”
The Mavericks travel to Houston on November 22nd. It will be Parson’s first regular season meeting against his former club, in front of the fans that used to cheer him on.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Phil Simms: What We Saw Monday Night Was An Anomaly
- Top Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups For NFL Week 12
- Brent Stover: We Could Still See Some Shakeups In College Football Playoff Race
- Boomer Esiason: Bears Should Win NFC North, But They’re Not On Saints, Rams’ Level
- NFL Team Grades Week 11: Steelers, Bears Do Enough To Win