Houston (CBS Houston)–The Internet essentially exploded in the first quarter of the Houston Texans 32-7 win over the Atlanta Falcons tonight, when No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney crushed running back Antone Smith for a four yard loss and maybe the hit of the NFL preseason.
Smith, who you could say was Vincent Smith’d on the play, apparently wasn’t impressed.
“Just a guy,” Smith said of Clowney. “I don’t see anything special. He’s just a guy. He’s a guy who plays defensive end. He plays pretty good. Made a good play.”
Comments that make for the “yin” to the “yang” of draft gurus projecting Clowney as a potential Hall of Famer before his first professional down.
Smith, who carried eight times for 27 yards tonight, admitted the hit Clowney laid on him was a big one.
“I didn’t see anything,” he said. “The only thing I seen was me hitting the ground.”
But apparently neither Clowney nor the play was what Smith would call “special.”
Hear Matt weekends on Sports Radio 610
Follow him on Twitter @MattHammondShow
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Zurich Classic: Can Adam Scott-Jason Day Team Tame TPC Louisiana?
- Baseball Report: Are Red Sox Turning Season Around?
- CBS Sports, WNBA Announce Multi-Year Television Partnership
- Dana Warrior, Ultimate Warrior’s Widow, Now Integral Part Of WWE
- WWE Injuries Include Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Amid Superstar Shakeups