Houston (CBS Houston) – Jadeveon Clowney missed part of the off-season program after having sports hernia surgery, but on Saturday he was out on the practice field for day one of training camp.
“(Clowney) is practicing and he’s rehabbing,” Bill O’Brien said after practice.” We’re staying with the rehab protocol which allows him to practice a little bit and we’ll just stick with that and he’ll be fine.”
Clowney went through a full practice but said he wasn’t at 100 percent.
“I’m getting better. Taking it one day at a time,” Clowney said after practice. “I’m just letting the trainers take it one day at a time. I’m trying to comeback, get back for the first game.”
The Texans will wear full pads on Monday. If Clowney is able to participate then, he’s likely on track for a speedy recovery.
Latest Sports Stories:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation