Houston (CBS Houston) – Reliant Stadium could soon be called NRG Stadium, according to a report from the Houston Chronicle.
NRG, which acquired parts of Reliant in 2009, is seeking to rebrand both Reliant Stadium and Reliant Park. The planned rebrand would include replacing all current Reliant branding around the complex.
Reliant paid around $300 million for the naming rights in 2002. The deal was a 32-year agreement, according to the Chronicle report.
The move still needs to be approved by the Harris County Sports and Convention Corp.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Citak: It’s Time For The National League To Adopt The D.H.
- Ian Baker-Finch On Travelers Championship: ‘There Are Low Scores’
- Kurt Busch Set To Participate In 2018 GRX Rally
- The Baseball Report: Astros Tie Franchise Record, Bartolo Colon Passes Marichal
- Ring Of Honor Show At Famed Madison Square Garden Called Off