Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The National Women’s Soccer Leauge’s newest team, the Houston Dash, partook in their first college draft on Friday. They took University of North Carolina’s Kealia Ohai second in the draft.
Ohai should feel fairly comfortable in Houston. Her brother-in-law is Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing. Cushing is married to Kealia’s sister, Meagan.
Ohai, a forward, became the first ever College draft choice of the newly formed team. Run by the Dynamo the Dash will play at BBVA Compass stadium for their inaugural season.
The pick was one that Dash were excited about, and so were a few other Texans players not related to Ohai.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Grant Hill: Making A Final Four Run Is About Limiting Distractions
- Markus Howard: Players To Watch In NCAA Tournament
- How To Watch 2019 NCAA Tournament: Dates, Game Times, & TV Schedule
- Come Play Our Bracket Challenge!
- 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracket Released: Duke, North Carolina, Virginia & Gonzaga Earn Top Seeds