Houston (CBS Houston)– Three Reasons To Be Afraid Of The Arizona Cardinals:
- The possibility of a 7th straight loss; the Texans haven’t won a game since September 15th, which is a little crazy. Can we mentally handle ANOTHER week with a loss? This isn’t a Cardinals-specific take, but we do not want to lose another football game.
- Andre Ellington – he’s been criminally underused by HC Bruce Arians, but the rookie out of Clemson ran for 154 yards on only 15 carries against the Falcons. Ellington is gaining 7.7 yards a pop this season, and is now a bigger part of the Cardinals’ offensive attack.
- The Arizona Cardinals defense. They have 12 INTs on the season. 12! A crazy number, considering we are only halfway through the season. Patrick Peterson, who has to be one of the most underrated players in the NFL, already has 3 INTs. Tyrann Mathieu has had a nice rookie season. Up front, Arizona has racked up 23 sacks this year. Calais Campbell, Darnell Dockett, and John Abraham have combined for 11 of those. Campbell has been one of the best interior DL in the NFL for a while, and Dockett can still get after it. Karlos Dansby was a nice addition in the off-season, and Darryl Washington is an impact player after his early-season suspension.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Elimination Chamber 2019: WWE Insiders Pick
- Wally Szczerbiak: Duke Is A Once-In-A-Generation Team
- Genesis Open: Dustin Johnson, Justin Thomas The Favorites At Riviera
- CBS Sports Network Set To Premiere “Althea & Arthur” Documentary In Celebration Of Black History Month
- NBA All-Star Weekend 2019: Who, What, When