COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) — Retired managers Joe Torre, Tony La Russa and Bobby Cox will join holdovers George Steinbrenner and Marvin Miller on the Hall of Fame expansion era committee ballot next month.
Dave Concepcion, Steve Garvey, Tommy John, Billy Martin and Ted Simmons also are held over from the 2010 ballot, while Dave Parker and Dan Quisenberry have been added. Vida Blue, Ron Guidry, Al Oliver and Rusty Staub have been dropped.
The committee will meet at the winter meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., and its vote will be announced there Dec. 9.
Torre and Cox retired as managers after the 2010 season and La Russa after leading the St. Louis Cardinals to the 2011 World Series title.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Citak: It’s Time For The National League To Adopt The D.H.
- Ian Baker-Finch On Travelers Championship: ‘There Are Low Scores’
- Kurt Busch Set To Participate In 2018 GRX Rally
- The Baseball Report: Astros Tie Franchise Record, Bartolo Colon Passes Marichal
- Ring Of Honor Show At Famed Madison Square Garden Called Off