HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON): In the thought provoking time after the passing of a legend like Bum Phillips J.J. Watt says he’s hoping today’s Houston fans will have a similar relationship to the fans of Bum Phillips “Love Ya Blue” days.
Love Ya Blue, epitomized by the colorful and likeable ways of head coach Bum Phillips, went to two straight AFC championship games and three straight playoff appearances to give the city of Houston their first taste of success at the NFL level.
Now as the new wave of stars roll through and try to bring a city and a team closer together J.J. Watt wants to feel the love.
“That’s what we are trying to create. That’s what every athlete wants between their team and their city. You want that relationship where it’s love between the fans and the players,” Watt told the media Wednesday. “I am working extremely hard to make this city proud and this team is working extremely hard to make this city proud and I think that is how you create something like (Love Ya Blue). Obviously you have to win.”
The Texans are looking to stop a five game losing streak on Sunday night against the AFC South leading Indianapolis Colts at Reliant stadium.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Citak: It’s Time For The National League To Adopt The D.H.
- Ian Baker-Finch On Travelers Championship: ‘There Are Low Scores’
- Kurt Busch Set To Participate In 2018 GRX Rally
- The Baseball Report: Astros Tie Franchise Record, Bartolo Colon Passes Marichal
- Ring Of Honor Show At Famed Madison Square Garden Called Off