DUNCAN, Okla. (AP) — An exhibition baseball game honoring an Australian student who was on a baseball scholarship at an Oklahoma college when he was shot and killed in Duncan has been rescheduled.
The game between Redlands Community College and East Central University in honor of 22-year-old Chris Lane is set for Thursday afternoon. It was scheduled for last week but was postponed due to rainy weather.
Lane was shot and killed as he jogged down a street in Duncan in August. Three teenagers have been charged in connection with the Melbourne native’s death. One of them told investigators they shot Lane because they were bored.
Lane attended Redlands in El Reno before transferring to East Central in Ada. He was preparing for his senior season at East Central when he was killed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Citak: It’s Time For The National League To Adopt The D.H.
- Ian Baker-Finch On Travelers Championship: ‘There Are Low Scores’
- Kurt Busch Set To Participate In 2018 GRX Rally
- The Baseball Report: Astros Tie Franchise Record, Bartolo Colon Passes Marichal
- Ring Of Honor Show At Famed Madison Square Garden Called Off