HOUSTON (CBS Housotn): The Houston Texans have seemingly gone into every week with a key player in question to play. This week is no difference as Andre Johnson has been battling a shin injury for the past few weeks, but he expects to play Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.
When asked if he would play on Sunday Johnson said, “Yeah, I don’t see why not.”
“I felt a little better than I felt last week, hopefully it will keep going that way.” Johnson added, “This is the best I’ve felt, so far, since I’ve had the injury. So, I’ll be out there.”
Johnson was hindered last week against the 49ers in the Texans loss on Sunday Night Football. He said his injury to his shin was causing him to drag his leg a little bit and he didn’t feel that in practice on Friday.
The Texans will need Johnson’s play making ability as quarterback Matt Schaub will be without TE Owen Daniels who is second the team in catches behind only Johnson.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Citak: It’s Time For The National League To Adopt The D.H.
- Ian Baker-Finch On Travelers Championship: ‘There Are Low Scores’
- Kurt Busch Set To Participate In 2018 GRX Rally
- The Baseball Report: Astros Tie Franchise Record, Bartolo Colon Passes Marichal
- Ring Of Honor Show At Famed Madison Square Garden Called Off