FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Falcons coach Mike Smith says running back Steven Jackson will miss Sunday’s game at Miami with a thigh injury.
Smith says Jackson has a short-term injury. He provided no further details.
Jackson left last week’s win over the Rams after scoring in the first quarter on an 8-yard pass from Matt Ryan. Smith says Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling will share the work at running back against the Dolphins.
Earlier Tuesday, the team announced linebacker Sean Weatherspoon has been placed on injured reserve with a foot injury. Weatherspoon can return in Week 11.
On Monday, the Falcons placed defensive end Kroy Biermann (torn right Achilles tendon) and fullback Bradie Ewing (separated left shoulder) on the reserve list with season-ending injuries.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019: USWNT Knockout Phase Matchup Scenarios
- TPC River Highlands: A Shot-Making Test At Travelers Championship
- Baseball Report: MLB On Pace To Smash Season Home Run Record
- Velvet Sky From Ring Of Honor: ‘Character Development A Lost Art’
- Baseball Report: Craig Kimbrel, Dallas Keuchel To Return