HOUSTON (CBS Houston) is reporting that one of two suspects in the Boston Marathon explosions earlier this week is dead and authorities are aggressively searching for the other.

Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis used his Twitter account to state that the second suspect was at large and is considered “armed and dangerous”:

He also provided a recent photograph of the suspect that is being sought after:

As officials in Massachusetts search for the second suspect, the Boston Police Department warned residents to stay inside of their homes. Another precautionary measure implemented was the suspension of public transit in Watertown, Massachusetts and the barring of any vehicles entering or leaving Watertown. further stated: “The Middlesex district attorney said the two men are suspected of killing a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer on campus late Thursday, then stealing a car at gunpoint and later releasing its driver unharmed. Hours earlier, police had released photos of the marathon bombing suspects and asked for the public’s help finding them.”

“Authorities say the suspects threw explosives from the car as police followed it into Watertown. The suspects and police exchanged gunfire, and one of the suspects was critically injured and later died while the other escaped.”

Further reports indicated that the suspect who was dead appeared to have multiple gunshot wounds.

Boston police Commissioner Ed Davis stated that he believed that the work of the suspects to be that associated with terrorism: “We believe this to be a terrorist,” Commissioner Davis said. “We believe this to be a man who came here to kill people.”

In terms of the MIT shooting on campus, stated: “The MIT shooting on the Cambridge campus Thursday night was followed gunfire and explosions in Watertown, about 10 miles west of Boston.”

Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis provided this photograph of bombing suspect. (Photo Credit: Twitter/Ed Davis)

Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis provided this photograph of bombing suspect. (Photo Credit: Twitter/Ed Davis)

“The MIT officer had been responding to report of a disturbance Thursday night when he was shot multiple times, according to a statement from the Middlesex district attorney’s office and Cambridge police. It said there were no other victims”, as stated by

Several gunshots and explosions were heard in Watertown in the early morning hours of Friday. Agents from the FBI alongside several sectors of law enforcement canvased neighborhoods using helicopters and organized patrols in search of the second suspect who at the time of this report was still at large.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live