GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas (AP) — A North Texas worker hanging Christmas lights on a historic building has died after being electrocuted.

Grand Prairie police say the man was moving a 40-foot-tall aluminum ladder when it fell onto power lines Friday morning. He had been standing on the ground but was still holding onto the ladder.

Police say 51-year-old Jens “Renee” Gardner died at a hospital, where he was taken after emergency personnel started CPR at the scene.

Grand Prairie is about 15 miles west of Dallas.

A website for the Historic Anderson Building shows photos from previous holidays. Red and clear lights outlined the windows of the two-story structure built in 1915, and a Christmas tree with sparkling lights was atop the canopy at the entrance.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live