Can’t Decide Between Patriots-Broncos? Here’s Who You Should Pull For
- More likeable quarterback?Thanks to many commercials, charismatic press conferences, his appearance on SNL and more, Peyton Manning is arguably the most lovable quarterback in the history of the NFL.I’ll go to my grave reminding everyone that despite the Uggs, supermodel girlfriend, and expensive hairstyles, Tom Brady is still a consummate team player and one of the best all time. Still...gotta give it to Peyton.
- More likeable coach?John Fox seems like an all right guy.I’m awestruck by Bill Belichick’s intelligence. But you could have Dracula himself coaching the Broncos, and he’d still be more likeable.
- More Fun City?Denver’s amazing! Clean air, fun people, an amazing array of craft breweries.Well...technically New England comprises 6 states (and all the cities within those states). We can agree that, like, Hartford and Bridgeport suck, but a supercity composed of Boston + Burlington + whatever’s in Maine surely has to beat one lousy city, right?
- More likeable fans?I don’t know. The folks in Colorado seem all right to me.Put it this way: I’m a New England fan, I grew up in New England, and even *I* dislike New England fans.
- Sympathy factor?The Broncos aren’t without Super Bowls. They’ve got 2 under Elway, remember. But after Peyton’s amazing career, it’d be awesome to see him get another ring, especially on his comeback tour.Technically, yes, Brady has 3 rings. But 2007-2013 Brady has two crippling losses to the Giants. His career is essentially the tale of two quarterbacks, and I’d argue that even critics have had their blood at this point. I’m calling this a draw.
With a score of 4-2, Denver takes it! So if you’re a casual fan, that’s who you pull for. And if any of you think I’m putting in the reverse jinx for the game - I’m sure I have no idea what you’re talking about. -Brian Cullen, CBS Local Sports contributor