The weather service said the preliminary storm estimate for the Granbury tornado was an EF-4, based on the Fujita tornado damage scale.
A rash of tornadoes slammed into several small communities in North Texas overnight, leaving at least six people dead, dozens more injured and hundreds homeless. The violent spring storm scattered bodies, flattened homes and threw trailers onto cars.
Forecasts of snow, sleet and freezing rain threatened to complicate Christmas Day travel around the nation’s midsection Tuesday as several Gulf Coast states braced for a chance of twisters and powerful thunderstorms.
Tornadoes and violent storms raked through the Dallas area Tuesday, crumbling the wing of a nursing home, peeling roofs from dozens of homes and spiraling big-rig trailers into the air like footballs. More than a dozen injuries were reported.
Captain Mickey speaks with professionals about the storms that struck the Houston area on Wednesday 1/25; some areas touched on were Sabine Lake, Galveston, Port Aransas and Lake Buchanon. He also discusses his all time […]
Roy Oswalt has left the Phillies to head back to Mississippi.
CBS Houston Categories
- Detectives Find Body Of Missing Postal Worker
- Powerball Jackpot At Record $600 Million For Saturday’s Drawing
- Investigators Eyeing Battery-Powered Golf Cart As Cause Of Deadly Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Deadly Tornadoes Reached Wind Speeds Up To 200 MPH
- Driver Crashes Into Houston Home After Being Shot