Gov. Bobby Jindal declared a statewide emergency Thursday after storms rolled across Louisiana, dumping huge amounts of rain and causing flooding in some areas.
Gov. Mike Beebe has issued a statewide disaster declaration after a Christmas Day winter storm dumped snow and ice throughout the state and knocked out power to more than 200,000 customers.
Leaders of the most populous county in Texas will hold a hurricane preparedness exercise.
CBS Houston Categories
- Detectives Find Body Of Missing Postal Worker
- Powerball Jackpot At Record $600 Million For Saturday’s Drawing
- Investigators Eyeing Battery-Powered Golf Cart As Cause Of Deadly Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Deadly Tornadoes Reached Wind Speeds Up To 200 MPH
- Driver Crashes Into Houston Home After Being Shot