Danica Patrick came to New Hampshire bruised – literally and figuratively – after a bad weekend at Daytona.
Danica Patrick had a fast car. Danica Patrick had confidence. Danica Patrick was the one to beat. But at Daytona, nothing is guaranteed, especially a win.
Danica Patrick, and the rest of the Nationwide series field, had no chance against Austin Dillon at Kentucky Speedway during the Feed the Children 300.
Danica Patrick gained a lot of respect – from fans, media and fellow drivers – during the Sargento 200 at Road America this weekend.
The Irish Hills of Michigan were not kind to Danica Patrick in the Alliance Truck Parts 250 at Michigan International Speedway.
While the Nationwide Series had an off weekend, Danica Patrick set her sights on another new adventure. Invited by team owner Tony Stewart, Patrick headed to Rossburg, Ohio and Eldora Speedway for the eighth annual Prelude To The Dream, a Dirt Late Model Race with proceeds benefiting Feed The Children on June 6th.
Memorial Day weekend is famous for its racing. The Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 are American traditions and winning one of these two are high on a driver’s wish list.
The weekend started off well for Patrick, finishing ninth in the only practice and qualifying ninth in a field that included only one Cup driver (Kurt Busch). The Cup regulars and Truck series drivers were in Charlotte, so many chose not to pull double duty.
The Lady in Black had a date with the Lady in Green this weekend at Darlington Raceway, better known as the track “too tough to tame.” Danica Patrick was set to make her first start in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series since Daytona and all eyes were on her.
In January, on the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour hosted by Charlotte Motor Speedway, Danica Patrick announced she would skip the Indianapolis 500 in order to race in the Coca-Cola 600. This came as a surprise to many, as it had been rumored her contract to drive full-time for JR Motorsports allowed her to take time off to run the famous race she always spoke fondly of but never won (her highest finish was third in 2009).
CBS Houston Categories
- Woman Finds Dog Lost During Tornado While Being Interviewed
- Okla. Tornado Survivor Held Daughter By Hair To Save Her Life
- CBS News: State Medical Examiner Revises Death Toll To 24 After Victims Were Double-Counted
- OKC Residents Asked To Conserve Water
- More Than 100 Survivors Pulled From Debris Overnight
- Goodbye Beckham! Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Fan Fest 2013: Fan Pictures... Fan Fest 2013
- Houston Art Car Parade! Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Prince Harry In U.S.
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Texas Rookie Mini-Camp And... The Elephants! Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Famous Hot Mamas! Remembering Jeanne Cooper Best Summer Festivals and... Golf Hottie: Carlie Butler