What I do for SportsRadio 610: I’m co-host of the Fred and Ted show weeknights 6-10pm. I have a nationally-syndicated show on CBS Sports Radio that airs on 610 Sun evenings 5-9pm with Josh Innes.
Hometown: Carlsbad, CA
College: University of Colorado (1991-1994)
High School: Carlsbad HS.
How long at SportsRadio 610: Since Summer, 2012
The coolest person at 610: Without question, it is John McClain. Nobody is better at what he does and has been doing it for as long as he has. PLUS….he’s a movie star. It’s not even close really…
What I love about Houston: The people. H-town has some of the nicest most hospitable people you will find anywhere. I also like that people here still exchange simple pleasantries. People here aren’t so busy that they can’t say hello to you.
My favorite four letter word: SEXY.
Favorite people to interview: The ones who are the most sincere/real/funny and honest. Drew Bledsoe, Andy Roddick, James Carville, John Witherspoon and Marcus Allen come to mind.
- Played Linebacker in NFL 10 years
- Played in 4 Super Bowls and won 3 of them.
- I have been doing TV/Radio off and on for the last 8 yrs since retiring from the NFL (I was co-host on the pre and postgame shows for CBS when I covered the Patriots).
- Adjunct Professor for two years at Suffolk University (Boston).
The teams I followed growing up: Houston Oilers, Houston Rockets and the Houston Astros. Since I lived/played in Boston for 17 years, I follow the Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox.
Signature phrases: 1. There in-lies the rub. 2. That cake don’t bake.
Favorite sport experiences:
- Going to Houston Oiler games with my dad growing up.
- Watching Akeem Olajuwan win back-to-back championships.
- Meeting Earl Campbell at “Fan Fest” last year hosted by SportsRadio 610.
- HC Bill McCartney offering me a scholarship to play for the University of Colorado my senior year of HS.
- Beating Michigan at the “Big House” in 1994 with a “Hail Mary” pass from Kordell Stewart to Michael Westbrook.
- Having Bill Parcells draft me in the 2nd Round of the 1995 draft.
- Winning Superbowl 36 vs. the St. Louis Rams.
- Playing in my first ever Superbowl in 1997 (SB 31) vs. the Green Bay Packers.
- Being honored by the Patriots at “Ted Johnson Night” at Gillette Stadium in Dec 2005.
Sports I played growing up: Baseball, basketball and football. Once I got to high school, the only sport I really excelled at was football.
Family: It have two young children who currently live outside of Boston, MA. Also, my family has owned a BBQ restaurant (The Original Rib Tickler) for 27 years in Tomball, TX.
Rich & Ted talk to John McClain about the health of the Texans’ offensive line and how good their running game might be.
Rich & Ted talk about more high school football players deciding to change their commitment after the scandal at Baylor.
Rich & Ted talk about Jalen Ramsey trying to buy the No. 23 from a Jaguars teammate. Would Ted ever sell his No. 52? The answer was emphatic.
Rich & Ted talk about the NBA Draft and what the Houston Rockets might do this off-season.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk about Johnny Manziel getting in a car accident.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk about stupid people, and the stupid things they’ve done. Included is another bad reason to call 911.
Sean & Ted talk to Houston Texans’ rookies Nick Martin and Tyler Ervin.
Sean & Ted talk to Rob Stone and Alexi Lalas of Fox about the Copa América tournament game that comes to Houston this week.
Sean & Ted talk to former Texans and Broncos tight end Joel Dreessen about Brock Osweiler, Von Miller, and John Elway.
Sean and Ted talk to Texans rookie receiver Braxton Miller.