What I do for SportsRadio 610: I’m co-host of the Fred and Ted show weeknights 6-10pm. I have a nationally-syndicated show on CBS Sports Radio that airs on 610 Sun evenings 5-9pm with Josh Innes.
Hometown: Carlsbad, CA
College: University of Colorado (1991-1994)
High School: Carlsbad HS.
How long at SportsRadio 610: Since Summer, 2012
The coolest person at 610: Without question, it is John McClain. Nobody is better at what he does and has been doing it for as long as he has. PLUS….he’s a movie star. It’s not even close really…
What I love about Houston: The people. H-town has some of the nicest most hospitable people you will find anywhere. I also like that people here still exchange simple pleasantries. People here aren’t so busy that they can’t say hello to you.
My favorite four letter word: SEXY.
Favorite people to interview: The ones who are the most sincere/real/funny and honest. Drew Bledsoe, Andy Roddick, James Carville, John Witherspoon and Marcus Allen come to mind.
- Played Linebacker in NFL 10 years
- Played in 4 Super Bowls and won 3 of them.
- I have been doing TV/Radio off and on for the last 8 yrs since retiring from the NFL (I was co-host on the pre and postgame shows for CBS when I covered the Patriots).
- Adjunct Professor for two years at Suffolk University (Boston).
The teams I followed growing up: Houston Oilers, Houston Rockets and the Houston Astros. Since I lived/played in Boston for 17 years, I follow the Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox.
Signature phrases: 1. There in-lies the rub. 2. That cake don’t bake.
Favorite sport experiences:
- Going to Houston Oiler games with my dad growing up.
- Watching Akeem Olajuwan win back-to-back championships.
- Meeting Earl Campbell at “Fan Fest” last year hosted by SportsRadio 610.
- HC Bill McCartney offering me a scholarship to play for the University of Colorado my senior year of HS.
- Beating Michigan at the “Big House” in 1994 with a “Hail Mary” pass from Kordell Stewart to Michael Westbrook.
- Having Bill Parcells draft me in the 2nd Round of the 1995 draft.
- Winning Superbowl 36 vs. the St. Louis Rams.
- Playing in my first ever Superbowl in 1997 (SB 31) vs. the Green Bay Packers.
- Being honored by the Patriots at “Ted Johnson Night” at Gillette Stadium in Dec 2005.
Sports I played growing up: Baseball, basketball and football. Once I got to high school, the only sport I really excelled at was football.
Family: It have two young children who currently live outside of Boston, MA. Also, my family has owned a BBQ restaurant (The Original Rib Tickler) for 27 years in Tomball, TX.
CBS Houston Categories
- Shades Of Gray! Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Miss USA 2013! Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Installation Of Video Board... Flag Day Fun Facts! Tebow At Patriots' Mini Camp Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- A Few Famous Fathers! Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Fifty And Fabulous!
- HFD Memorial Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Public Memorial To Fallen HFD...