What I do for SportsRadio 610: I’m co-host of the Fred and Ted show weeknights 6-10pm. I have a nationally-syndicated show on CBS Sports Radio that airs on 610 Sun evenings 5-9pm with Josh Innes.
Hometown: Carlsbad, CA
College: University of Colorado (1991-1994)
High School: Carlsbad HS.
How long at SportsRadio 610: Since Summer, 2012
The coolest person at 610: Without question, it is John McClain. Nobody is better at what he does and has been doing it for as long as he has. PLUS….he’s a movie star. It’s not even close really…
What I love about Houston: The people. H-town has some of the nicest most hospitable people you will find anywhere. I also like that people here still exchange simple pleasantries. People here aren’t so busy that they can’t say hello to you.
My favorite four letter word: SEXY.
Favorite people to interview: The ones who are the most sincere/real/funny and honest. Drew Bledsoe, Andy Roddick, James Carville, John Witherspoon and Marcus Allen come to mind.
- Played Linebacker in NFL 10 years
- Played in 4 Super Bowls and won 3 of them.
- I have been doing TV/Radio off and on for the last 8 yrs since retiring from the NFL (I was co-host on the pre and postgame shows for CBS when I covered the Patriots).
- Adjunct Professor for two years at Suffolk University (Boston).
The teams I followed growing up: Houston Oilers, Houston Rockets and the Houston Astros. Since I lived/played in Boston for 17 years, I follow the Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox.
Signature phrases: 1. There in-lies the rub. 2. That cake don’t bake.
Favorite sport experiences:
- Going to Houston Oiler games with my dad growing up.
- Watching Akeem Olajuwan win back-to-back championships.
- Meeting Earl Campbell at “Fan Fest” last year hosted by SportsRadio 610.
- HC Bill McCartney offering me a scholarship to play for the University of Colorado my senior year of HS.
- Beating Michigan at the “Big House” in 1994 with a “Hail Mary” pass from Kordell Stewart to Michael Westbrook.
- Having Bill Parcells draft me in the 2nd Round of the 1995 draft.
- Winning Superbowl 36 vs. the St. Louis Rams.
- Playing in my first ever Superbowl in 1997 (SB 31) vs. the Green Bay Packers.
- Being honored by the Patriots at “Ted Johnson Night” at Gillette Stadium in Dec 2005.
Sports I played growing up: Baseball, basketball and football. Once I got to high school, the only sport I really excelled at was football.
Family: It have two young children who currently live outside of Boston, MA. Also, my family has owned a BBQ restaurant (The Original Rib Tickler) for 27 years in Tomball, TX.
Sean, Rich & Ted get fantasy football advice from Lisa Ann.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk with former Patriots quarterback and current broadcaster Scott Zolak about the upcoming Texans vs. Patriots Thursday night game.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk to their fantasy girl Lisa Ann to get some fantasy football advice going into Week 1 of the season.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk to Houston Texans linebacker Whitney Mercilus about the upcoming season and the Spirit of the Bull team award he recently won.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk to two-time Dick Butkus Award winner Brian Bosworth about the upcoming Cougars vs. Sooners football game, Big 12 expansion, and more.
Sean, Rich, Ted, & John McClain talk to Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien about what he’s seen in training camp so far, and what he’s looking for in their second pre-season game against the New Orleans Saints.
He is undersized for the position but his instincts and high motor are his distinguishing characteristics. The Texans are very good at developing players (ie. Whitney Mercilus, Derek Newton and Andre Hal) and they clearly see Max as a guy worth developing.
Sean & Ted talk to former adult film actress and current fantasy football guru Lisa Ann about her career, changing careers, and also get some football takes about J.J. Watt, Brock Osweiler, and some fantasy football advice.
Sean & Ted talk to NFL All-Pro and Bay Area radio/TV host Lorenzo Neal about the Texans vs. 49ers game this weekend, what he thinks about the Raiders this year, and more.
The Best of The Triple Threat, from Wednesday 08-10-2016