What I do for SportsRadio 610: I’m co-host of the Fred and Ted show weeknights 6-10pm. I have a nationally-syndicated show on CBS Sports Radio that airs on 610 Sun evenings 5-9pm with Josh Innes.
Hometown: Carlsbad, CA
College: University of Colorado (1991-1994)
High School: Carlsbad HS.
How long at SportsRadio 610: Since Summer, 2012
The coolest person at 610: Without question, it is John McClain. Nobody is better at what he does and has been doing it for as long as he has. PLUS….he’s a movie star. It’s not even close really…
What I love about Houston: The people. H-town has some of the nicest most hospitable people you will find anywhere. I also like that people here still exchange simple pleasantries. People here aren’t so busy that they can’t say hello to you.
My favorite four letter word: SEXY.
Favorite people to interview: The ones who are the most sincere/real/funny and honest. Drew Bledsoe, Andy Roddick, James Carville, John Witherspoon and Marcus Allen come to mind.
- Played Linebacker in NFL 10 years
- Played in 4 Super Bowls and won 3 of them.
- I have been doing TV/Radio off and on for the last 8 yrs since retiring from the NFL (I was co-host on the pre and postgame shows for CBS when I covered the Patriots).
- Adjunct Professor for two years at Suffolk University (Boston).
The teams I followed growing up: Houston Oilers, Houston Rockets and the Houston Astros. Since I lived/played in Boston for 17 years, I follow the Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox.
Signature phrases: 1. There in-lies the rub. 2. That cake don’t bake.
Favorite sport experiences:
- Going to Houston Oiler games with my dad growing up.
- Watching Akeem Olajuwan win back-to-back championships.
- Meeting Earl Campbell at “Fan Fest” last year hosted by SportsRadio 610.
- HC Bill McCartney offering me a scholarship to play for the University of Colorado my senior year of HS.
- Beating Michigan at the “Big House” in 1994 with a “Hail Mary” pass from Kordell Stewart to Michael Westbrook.
- Having Bill Parcells draft me in the 2nd Round of the 1995 draft.
- Winning Superbowl 36 vs. the St. Louis Rams.
- Playing in my first ever Superbowl in 1997 (SB 31) vs. the Green Bay Packers.
- Being honored by the Patriots at “Ted Johnson Night” at Gillette Stadium in Dec 2005.
Sports I played growing up: Baseball, basketball and football. Once I got to high school, the only sport I really excelled at was football.
Family: It have two young children who currently live outside of Boston, MA. Also, my family has owned a BBQ restaurant (The Original Rib Tickler) for 27 years in Tomball, TX.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk about the best picks made in rounds two through seven by the Houston Texans in their history during the NFL Draft. Round four was solid, but two and three were pretty depressing.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk about what Dallas Keuchel said after the Astros 11-1 loss to the Seattle Mariners that dropped their record to an AL worst 6-15.
Rich & Ted talk about the question marks on the Astros’ roster and about the many reasons for optimism for the 2016 campaign.
Sean & Ted mock stupid people and the dumb things they do. Includes a man from Nebraska who got arrested after firing off a gun to impress a woman in his apartment complex.
Sean & Ted talk about the recent article from Monday Morning Quarterback that chronicles the step by step downfall of former Heisman winner Johnny Manziel. All evidence points to Manziel quitting and relapsing with every example of adversity; very disappointing.
Sean and Ted talk with one of the doctors taking a tough look at the connection between football and brain injuries like CTE.
Sean & Ted mock stupid people and the dumb things they do. Includes a drive-by rap crew and someone who decided a police station was the best place to get high.
Sean & Ted talk to former Houston Oiler Robert Brazile about his time in football and why he should be in the Hall of Fame.
Sean, Rich & Ted talk to NFL Hall of Famer Anthony Munoz about concussions in the NFL, his charity golf tournament and much more.
Rob O’Neill, one of dozens of U.S. special operators to storm bin Laden’s hideout on May 2, 2011 comes by The Triple Threat. Ex-Seal O’Neill’s involvement in the 2011 bin Laden raid capped a career […]