What I do for 610: I host Gallant at Night, weeknights 7-11 CT.
Nickname: Pauly G
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: Since 2007
Coolest person at SR610: Do you even see my profile pic? Obviously me, bro.
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Should have made this “least favorite”…
The Kube: Channel 57, Houston, TX (2013-Present)
- Host/Analyst: SportsZone Unfiltered
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director/Talk Show Host
- Did play by play for HS Football games
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, and sometimes Dynamo. It’s kind of my job, bro.
My rooting interests off the clock:
- New England Patriots
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Red Sox
- Syracuse Orange
- Florida Gator Football
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Everton Football Club
Signature words: Bro.
Favorite sports moments:
- Meeting Larry Bird as a 6 year old before my first Celtics game
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- Watching Johnny Manziel’s first game from the sidelines at Kyle Field
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- I was decidedly mediocre, but will probably tell you otherwise.
- The Mother (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- The Father (Gary) lives in Boston
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, ENT Doctor at the NYU Langone Medical Center
More: I grew up in Boston, went to high school in Tampa Bay, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster. In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997. As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL someday (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days – and realizing I was “wiry” – I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not have hot takes about them?
The Texans travel to Cincinnati to play the Bengals Thursday
The Texans defensive coordinator also discussed his preparation this offseason, plus Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles and running back Leonard Fournette
The Texans starting quarterback was 10 – 16 for 79 yards in 4 series of work against New Orleans
Houston will finish the preseason Thursday against the Dallas Cowboys
Paul Gallant looks back at the most recent episode of Game of Thrones, tries to figure out what’s next for a couple of schemers, and continues to express his disdain for the cockiest character in Westeros
From Tom Savage’s quick start and some struggles by Deshaun Watson, to a potential new playmaker and frustration with an important Texan, Paul Gallant recaps the Texans 27 – 23 preseason win over the Patriots.
The Texans starting quarterback knows that getting the offense out to a start like Saturday night is the key
Paul Gallant’s recap of the latest Game of Thrones episode. Plus, he power ranks the characters that left us too soon, and explains how the CLEGANEBOWL WILL HAPPEN!
SportsRadio 610’s Paul Gallant looks back at the Texans preseason opening 27 – 17 defeat against the Carolina Panthers
SportsRadio 610 Game of Throne Maester Paul Gallant sifts through the ashes of Sunday’s most recent episode of Game of Thrones