What I do for 610: I host talk shows on the weekends, fill in for morning sports updates, report on the Texans, Rockets, and Astros, (as well as doing Man On Street Interviews for MaD Radio) write for the web site, and do behind the scenes production work throughout the week for SportsRadio 610
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: 2006
Coolest person at SR610: John Jeffries
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Nobody in particular
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director – In charge of all sports talk programming
- Talk Show Host – Saturday Morning Quarterbacks, Call it a Wrap
- Update Anchor
- Reporter – Syracuse University Football, Basketball
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst – Provided color commentary and analysis during Sports shows on Citrus TV
Interned at 620 WDAE, “THE SPORTS ANIMAL” TAMPA FL – THE DAN SILEO SHOW, ESPN 890 - BOSTON MA
Teams followed: New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Syracuse Orange, Florida Gator Football, Tampa Bay Lightning, and obviously the Texans, Rockets and Astros
Signature words: Gabrone and other made-up words that come to me as I speak
Favorite sports moments:
- Randomly meeting Larry Bird at a restaurant before my first Celtics game when I was just 6
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- Dad (Gary) lives in Boston, Mom (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, in medical school at NYU studying to be a surgeon
More: I grew up in Boston and went to High School in Florida, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster.
In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997 (and still do today).
As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL some day (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days, I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. Seeing as I wasn’t talented enough drafted, I kind of missed out on that boat. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not cover them for a living?
Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph doesn’t expect safety Ed Reed to suit up for Monday Night’s opener against the Chargers.
How an unheralded unit and a sophomore quarterback helped the Cowboys beat down the Bulldogs at the Advocare Texas Kickoff
Paul Gallant gives his quick thoughts on the Texans 24-6 win over the Cowboys in their preseason finale
Another busy week means another late post. Your reward? Arnold Schwarzenegger clips. WHAT WENT RIGHT Who the hell are these hogs? No J.J. Watt. No Antonio Smith… Earl Mitchell gave us a scare when he [...]
The latest on that trio and other news after the Texans wrapped up the week of practice Friday.
Paul Gallant gives his quick takes on the Texans 24-17 victory over the Dolphins
The Texans closed out training camp today with one morning practice today. Find out who the Texans
The Texans held a full contact practice this morning at the Methodist Training Center. Here is what you need to know:
The Texans wrapped up Monday with a jog through session under the practice bubble. Here is what you need to know.
Starting in December 2014, the SEC and Big 12 will meet for the Texas Bowl at Reliant Stadium