What I do for 610: I host Gallant at Night, weeknights 7-11 CT.
Nickname: Pauly G
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: Since 2007
Coolest person at SR610: Do you even see my profile pic? Obviously me, bro.
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Should have made this “least favorite”…
The Kube: Channel 57, Houston, TX (2013-Present)
- Host/Analyst: SportsZone Unfiltered
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director/Talk Show Host
- Did play by play for HS Football games
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, and sometimes Dynamo. It’s kind of my job, bro.
My rooting interests off the clock:
- New England Patriots
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Red Sox
- Syracuse Orange
- Florida Gator Football
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Everton Football Club
Signature words: Bro.
Favorite sports moments:
- Meeting Larry Bird as a 6 year old before my first Celtics game
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- Watching Johnny Manziel’s first game from the sidelines at Kyle Field
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- I was decidedly mediocre, but will probably tell you otherwise.
- The Mother (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- The Father (Gary) lives in Boston
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, ENT Doctor at the NYU Langone Medical Center
More: I grew up in Boston, went to high school in Tampa Bay, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster. In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997. As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL someday (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days – and realizing I was “wiry” – I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not have hot takes about them?
On this week’s episode, Paul Gallant, Jim Mudd & Garret Heinrich discuss the latest episode of “The Walking Dead”: “Thank You”
Paul Gallant recaps the Texans’ 44 – 26 loss to the Dolphins
Bucs running back Doug Martin wants to change his name. But not so fast, says Paul Gallant.
Paul Gallant looks back at the Texans’ 31 – 20 victory over the Jaguars
We live in a world of hot sports takes. I make them via the radio. Others – also like me – fire them off on your TV screen. And the rest? They write ‘em out. […]
On this week’s Spoiler Alert podcast, Paul & Jim recap the season 6 premiere of “The Walking Dead”: “First Time Again”
Paul Gallant recaps the Texans’ 27 – 20 loss to the Colts.
Earlier this week, the Texans cut kicker Randy Bullock. It wasn’t a surprising move. He was inconsistent his whole career with the Texans. And he made history – the bad way – when he missed […]
Paul Gallant recaps the Texans’ 48 – 21 meltdown in Atlanta.
On the latest GallantCast, Paul touches on the bad football the Texans have been in, a bizarre grocery store experience, and explains why quotes from NFL players and coaches are meaningless.