What I do for 610: I host Gallant at Night, weeknights 7-11 CT.
Nickname: Pauly G
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: Since 2007
Coolest person at SR610: Do you even see my profile pic? Obviously me, bro.
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Should have made this “least favorite”…
The Kube: Channel 57, Houston, TX (2013-Present)
- Host/Analyst: SportsZone Unfiltered
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director/Talk Show Host
- Did play by play for HS Football games
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, and sometimes Dynamo. It’s kind of my job, bro.
My rooting interests off the clock:
- New England Patriots
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Red Sox
- Syracuse Orange
- Florida Gator Football
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Everton Football Club
Signature words: Bro.
Favorite sports moments:
- Meeting Larry Bird as a 6 year old before my first Celtics game
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- Watching Johnny Manziel’s first game from the sidelines at Kyle Field
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- I was decidedly mediocre, but will probably tell you otherwise.
- The Mother (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- The Father (Gary) lives in Boston
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, ENT Doctor at the NYU Langone Medical Center
More: I grew up in Boston, went to high school in Tampa Bay, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster. In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997. As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL someday (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days – and realizing I was “wiry” – I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not have hot takes about them?
The Best of The Triple Threat, from Wednesday 07-05-2017
Montana Radio Station Defends QB Number 17? What’s the worst player you defended the most? Nightly News: Paul continue to talk about worst players you’ve defened on Gallant at Night. Richard Sherman Sour Relationship With Seahawks? […]
Paul Gallant weighs in on what he saw during Texans OTAs on Tuesday, May 23rd
Today on the show.. Paul Gallant and Alex Del Barrio host In The Loop. What a great start for the Astros! Paul and Alex talk NBA Playoffs. What’s Trending: Tom Bradys new endorsement deal? […]
Paul opens the show with an important announcement, plus a breakdown of James Harden’s terrible play in the closing minutes of Game 5 vs the Spurs. In the wake of James Harden’s Game 5 collapse […]
Paul Gallant discusses Rockets – Spurs, the Texans and AFC South draft classes, and the Astros – Rangers “rivalry”
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – You know what’s been incredible about the Houston Texans? Before taking Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson last night with the 12th overall pick, Houston had drafted a quarterback in the first round […]
First round pick Deshaun Watson is expected to learn how to play quarterback professionally before he gets a chance to start.
Paul explains why he hates the pre-draft process, what he wants the Texans to do, power ranks cheap beers, and discusses movies & TV shows
Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The Very Best of Gallant at Night on a Monday!