What I do for 610: I host talk shows on the weekends, fill in for morning sports updates, report on the Texans, Rockets, and Astros, (as well as doing Man On Street Interviews for MaD Radio) write for the web site, and do behind the scenes production work throughout the week for SportsRadio 610
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: 2006
Coolest person at SR610: John Jeffries
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Nobody in particular
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director – In charge of all sports talk programming
- Talk Show Host – Saturday Morning Quarterbacks, Call it a Wrap
- Update Anchor
- Reporter – Syracuse University Football, Basketball
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst – Provided color commentary and analysis during Sports shows on Citrus TV
Interned at 620 WDAE, “THE SPORTS ANIMAL” TAMPA FL – THE DAN SILEO SHOW, ESPN 890 - BOSTON MA
Teams followed: New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Syracuse Orange, Florida Gator Football, Tampa Bay Lightning, and obviously the Texans, Rockets and Astros
Signature words: Gabrone and other made-up words that come to me as I speak
Favorite sports moments:
- Randomly meeting Larry Bird at a restaurant before my first Celtics game when I was just 6
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- Dad (Gary) lives in Boston, Mom (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, in medical school at NYU studying to be a surgeon
More: I grew up in Boston and went to High School in Florida, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster.
In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997 (and still do today).
As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL some day (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days, I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. Seeing as I wasn’t talented enough drafted, I kind of missed out on that boat. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not cover them for a living?
Paul Gallant & Nick Wright look back at the 2014 NBA regular season & make predictions. Plus, Paul breaks down Game Of Thrones Episode 2.
Paul Gallant explains why he’s finally thinking the Texans should draft Jadaveon Clowney, and breaks down the season 4 premiere of Game of Thrones.
Defense won Super Bowl 48. But Jadaveon Clowney WON’T make the Texans D Seahawks caliber.
Paul Gallant tries to pinpoint why Georgia’s QB is an afterthought in the upcoming NFL Draft
The Texans’ new defensive play caller says there’s no better way to do that than by winning in Indianapolis for the first time.
Paul Gallant sums up the Texans 13-6 loss to the Jaguars Sunday
Will the Texans ever win again? They’ve got a chance against the also downtrodden Jaguars. Paul Gallant takes a closer look.
How the Texans’ head coach alienated a promising young quarterback, the best player in franchise history, and an entire city.
Can the Texans finally snap their franchise record skid? Paul Gallant takes a closer look at the Raiders.
Cornerback Kareem Jackson and linebacker Joe Mays were out with injuries.