What I do for 610: I co-host the “B-Straw and Pauly G” show with Brien Straw, weeknights 7-11 CT.
Nickname: Pauly G
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: Since 2007
Coolest person at SR610: Do you even see my profile pic? Obviously me, bro.
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Should have made this “least favorite”…
The Kube: Channel 57, Houston, TX (2013-Present)
- Host/Analyst: SportsZone Unfiltered
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director/Talk Show Host
- Did play by play for HS Football games
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, and sometimes Dynamo. It’s kind of my job, bro.
My rooting interests off the clock:
- New England Patriots
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Red Sox
- Syracuse Orange
- Florida Gator Football
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Everton Football Club
Signature words: Bro.
Favorite sports moments:
- Meeting Larry Bird as a 6 year old before my first Celtics game
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- Watching Johnny Manziel’s first game from the sidelines at Kyle Field
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- I was decidedly mediocre, but will probably tell you otherwise.
- The Mother (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- The Father (Gary) lives in Boston
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, ENT Doctor at the NYU Langone Medical Center
More: I grew up in Boston, went to high school in Tampa Bay, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster.
In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997.
As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL someday (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days – and realizing I was “wiry” – I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not have hot takes about them?
Year in and year out, NFL teams drool over tall, big armed QB prospects. Paul Gallant took a look back to see how often they succeed.
James Harden’s decisions late in game one highlight a major Rockets’ flaw.
With the Rockets tipping off the playoffs Sunday – not to mention James Harden sporting a forest on his face – Paul Gallant was inspired to bring a little hockey to the NBA.
Paul Gallant & Nick Wright look back at the 2014 NBA regular season & make predictions. Plus, Paul breaks down Game Of Thrones Episode 2.
Paul Gallant explains why he’s finally thinking the Texans should draft Jadaveon Clowney, and breaks down the season 4 premiere of Game of Thrones.
Defense won Super Bowl 48. But Jadaveon Clowney WON’T make the Texans D Seahawks caliber.
Paul Gallant tries to pinpoint why Georgia’s QB is an afterthought in the upcoming NFL Draft
The Texans’ new defensive play caller says there’s no better way to do that than by winning in Indianapolis for the first time.
Paul Gallant sums up the Texans 13-6 loss to the Jaguars Sunday
Will the Texans ever win again? They’ve got a chance against the also downtrodden Jaguars. Paul Gallant takes a closer look.