What I do for 610: I host Gallant at Night, weeknights 7-11 CT.
Nickname: Pauly G
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: Since 2007
Coolest person at SR610: Do you even see my profile pic? Obviously me, bro.
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Should have made this “least favorite”…
The Kube: Channel 57, Houston, TX (2013-Present)
- Host/Analyst: SportsZone Unfiltered
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director/Talk Show Host
- Did play by play for HS Football games
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, and sometimes Dynamo. It’s kind of my job, bro.
My rooting interests off the clock:
- New England Patriots
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Red Sox
- Syracuse Orange
- Florida Gator Football
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Everton Football Club
Signature words: Bro.
Favorite sports moments:
- Meeting Larry Bird as a 6 year old before my first Celtics game
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- Watching Johnny Manziel’s first game from the sidelines at Kyle Field
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- I was decidedly mediocre, but will probably tell you otherwise.
- The Mother (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- The Father (Gary) lives in Boston
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, ENT Doctor at the NYU Langone Medical Center
More: I grew up in Boston, went to high school in Tampa Bay, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster. In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997. As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL someday (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days – and realizing I was “wiry” – I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not have hot takes about them?
While acknowledging that the NFL and NCAA are different, O’Brien is hoping Watson’s National Championship experience carries over to Sunday’s game against the defending champions.
Greg Mancz, who played right guard Thursday, will likely continue to be right guard
Houston is 0-3 (including playoffs) against New England in the Bill O’Brien era, and 1-8 all time.
Texans where do they stand? Night News 9/15 Larcency Bourboun Keys to the Game Late Night Snack 9/15 Last call.. I learned
CINCINNATI (SPORTSRADIO 610) – Deshaun Watson’s 22nd birthday will always be one for him to remember. It marked his first start in the NFL and his first career win, as he helped the Texans edge […]
CINCINNATI (SPORTSRADIO 610) – After rolling with Tom Savage for just a half in the Texans season opener, Bill O’Brien put the keys of Houston’s offense into the hands of rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson. And […]
We’re almost to the end of the regular season road and beginning of the playoffs for the Astros. My whine: why did it have to talk so long?
HOUSTON (SPORTSRADIO 610) – On Sunday, Johnathan Joseph played through the Texans 29 – 7 blowout loss to the Jaguars. On Monday, he and the rest of the team watched the film. “[It’s] kind of […]
It’s getting more and more difficult to see the Texans offense taking a step forward . . . ever.
It was a relatively quiet day for Watt after his first action in nearly a year