What I do for 610: I host talk shows on the weekends, fill in for morning sports updates, report on the Texans, Rockets, and Astros, (as well as doing Man On Street Interviews for MaD Radio) write for the web site, and do behind the scenes production work throughout the week for SportsRadio 610
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: 2006
Coolest person at SR610: John Jeffries
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Nobody in particular
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director – In charge of all sports talk programming
- Talk Show Host – Saturday Morning Quarterbacks, Call it a Wrap
- Update Anchor
- Reporter – Syracuse University Football, Basketball
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst – Provided color commentary and analysis during Sports shows on Citrus TV
Interned at 620 WDAE, “THE SPORTS ANIMAL” TAMPA FL – THE DAN SILEO SHOW, ESPN 890 - BOSTON MA
Teams followed: New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Syracuse Orange, Florida Gator Football, Tampa Bay Lightning, and obviously the Texans, Rockets and Astros
Signature words: Gabrone and other made-up words that come to me as I speak
Favorite sports moments:
- Randomly meeting Larry Bird at a restaurant before my first Celtics game when I was just 6
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- Dad (Gary) lives in Boston, Mom (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, in medical school at NYU studying to be a surgeon
More: I grew up in Boston and went to High School in Florida, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster.
In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997 (and still do today).
As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL some day (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days, I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. Seeing as I wasn’t talented enough drafted, I kind of missed out on that boat. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not cover them for a living?
You’ve had over a week to digest the end of the Texans season. And as I discussed last, it was a tough end to stomach. Especially knowing when Matt Schaub is your quarterback for the [...]
For the second consecutive year, the Texans hit the road for the AFC divisional round against a team that was better than them. And they lost.
The Texans clinched the AFC South last week with a win over the Colts. This coming Sunday, they’ll have a chance to clinch home field against the Vikings (assuming the world doesn’t end on Friday).
Kind of a problem for an NBA player.
It only took 15 weeks. But on Sunday, the Texans will FINALLY get their first crack of the season against the rival Colts. Who’d have thought, after pooping their pants all 2011, then kicking Peyton [...]
The last time the Texans were slated for Sunday Night Football, they got smoked. Will things be different tonight against a very good Bears team? Takeaway Machine The Texans don’t typically turn the ball over. [...]
Just over nine months ago, the Baltimore Ravens ended the Texans’ first ever playoff run. But do they still have the guns to take Houston down on Sunday? Identity Change Since the turn of the [...]
17 carries. 29 yards. And 1.7 yards per carry. That’s all Arian Foster managed Sunday night against the Packers. A mediocre defense playing without run stuffing nose tackle B.J. Raji. That. Is. Awful. Six weeks [...]
The Texans get their second straight prime time date against the Packers Sunday. Here’s what you should expect from the Cheese heads. Time To Wake Up It’s tough to comprehend the way the Packers – [...]
For three seasons under head coach Rex Ryan, the Jets were the NFL’s bombastic hype machine. But four games into year four, New York has limped to a 2-2 record. Could they challenge the Texans [...]
CBS Houston Categories
- Helin: ‘If Howard Leaves, It’s To Houston’
- Man Gets Life For Razor Attack On Texas Barber
- Hobby Lobby Seeks Exemption From Obamacare’s Birth Control Mandate In Federal Appeals Court
- Astros Vendor Fired For Leaving Snow Cones On Stall’s Floor While Using Bathroom
- Texas Lawmakers Approve Bill To Train Teachers To Be Armed Marshals
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Celebs Who Own Sports’ Teams! Massive Tornado Hits Oklahoma Goodbye Beckham!
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Fan Fest 2013: Fan Pictures... Fan Fest 2013 Houston Art Car Parade!
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Prince Harry In U.S. Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Texas Rookie Mini-Camp And... The Elephants! Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Famous Hot Mamas!