What I do for 610: I host Gallant at Night, weeknights 7-11 CT.
Nickname: Pauly G
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: Since 2007
Coolest person at SR610: Do you even see my profile pic? Obviously me, bro.
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Should have made this “least favorite”…
The Kube: Channel 57, Houston, TX (2013-Present)
- Host/Analyst: SportsZone Unfiltered
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director/Talk Show Host
- Did play by play for HS Football games
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, and sometimes Dynamo. It’s kind of my job, bro.
My rooting interests off the clock:
- New England Patriots
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Red Sox
- Syracuse Orange
- Florida Gator Football
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Everton Football Club
Signature words: Bro.
Favorite sports moments:
- Meeting Larry Bird as a 6 year old before my first Celtics game
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- Watching Johnny Manziel’s first game from the sidelines at Kyle Field
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- I was decidedly mediocre, but will probably tell you otherwise.
- The Mother (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- The Father (Gary) lives in Boston
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, ENT Doctor at the NYU Langone Medical Center
More: I grew up in Boston, went to high school in Tampa Bay, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster. In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997. As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL someday (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days – and realizing I was “wiry” – I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not have hot takes about them?
On an All Star Best Of Gallant At Night: Paul, Seth and Rich set the scene for their post-draft show Paul, Seth and Rich talk about the suspension to Astros prospect Forest Whitley, and how does MLB makes games shorter Paul, Seth and Rich talk about the trouble happening with the […]
Hopkins has 92 catches for 1,313 yards and an NFL best 12 touchdown receptions
The 4th year Texans head coach was asked about his job status at his Monday Press Conference
Yates was 14-26 for 175 yards and 2 touchdowns in relief of starting quarterback Tom Savage Sunday
The fourth year head coach was asked if he wants to keep coaching the Texans next season
O’Brien, Texans did not immediately see Savage show concussion symptoms
Savage suffered a concussion in the second quarter and was pulled from the game for Yates
Sunday’s 26 – 16 loss to the 49ers was the Texans 6th loss in 7 games
Savage threw for a career high 365 yards Sunday, along with a touchdown and interception
The Texans kicker was 1-3 on field goals Sunday, missing from 48 and 28 yards.