What I do for 610: I co-host the “B-Straw and Pauly G” show with Brien Straw, weeknights 7-11 CT.
Nickname: Pauly G
Hometown: Hanover, Massachusetts
College: Syracuse University
High school: Shorecrest Preparatory School, St. Petersburg, FL
How long at SportsRadio 610: November, 2011
How long in radio business: Since 2007
Coolest person at SR610: Do you even see my profile pic? Obviously me, bro.
What I love about Houston: The weather is warm, and the women are gorgeous.
Favorite four-letter word: Every four-letter expletive.
Favorite people: Should have made this “least favorite”…
The Kube: Channel 57, Houston, TX (2013-Present)
- Host/Analyst: SportsZone Unfiltered
WJPZ-89 FM, Syracuse, NY (2007-2011)
- Sports Talk Director/Talk Show Host
- Did play by play for HS Football games
CITRUS TV, Syracuse NY (2010-2011)
- Sports Analyst
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, and sometimes Dynamo. It’s kind of my job, bro.
My rooting interests off the clock:
- New England Patriots
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Red Sox
- Syracuse Orange
- Florida Gator Football
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Everton Football Club
Signature words: Bro.
Favorite sports moments:
- Meeting Larry Bird as a 6 year old before my first Celtics game
- Being a Patriots season ticket holder since 1997
- Being in attendance to see the Patriots beat the Colts in the snow during AFC divisional title and Championship Game in 2004 & 2005
- Going to Super Bowl XXXIX
- Watching Johnny Manziel’s first game from the sidelines at Kyle Field
- High School Football – St. Petersburg Florida for Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Played Safety/Wide Receiver/Running Back/Kick Returner/Gunner (pretty much every down of every game)
- First Team All District in 2006 at Safety
- I was decidedly mediocre, but will probably tell you otherwise.
- The Mother (Katharine) lives in Southern New Jersey with Stepdad (Scott) and my dog (Grizzly)
- The Father (Gary) lives in Boston
- Sister (Sara) went to Harvard, ENT Doctor at the NYU Langone Medical Center
More: I grew up in Boston, went to high school in Tampa Bay, then took my talents to the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University to become a sports broadcaster.
In Boston, sports are close to religion. So naturally, I was always a massive sports fanatic. The Patriots were always my favorite team. My Dad and I had season tickets dating all the way back to 1997.
As a kid, I always thought I’d be in the NFL someday (playing for the Patriots of course). After I was done with my playing days – and realizing I was “wiry” – I figured I’d be a sports broadcaster the rest of my days. I figured if I couldn’t play sports, why not have hot takes about them?
Paul Gallant breaks down the Texans’ 30-17 loss to the Giants.
Paul Gallant ranks the NFL going into week 3 with Star Wars on the brain.
Paul Gallant’s takeaways from the Texans’ 30-14 victory over the Raiders
The Texans’ head coach discussed trap games, Arian Foster’s workload, J.J. Watt and injury reports at his press conference today.
The Texans’ offensive line played a critical role in Houston’s 30-14 win over the Raiders.
Paul Gallant gives you his Week 2 NFL Power Rankings, this time with a Boardwalk Empire twist.
Paul Gallant breaks down the Texans’ season opening 17-6 win over Washington.
The Texans head coach confirmed that the rookie linebacker will miss the next 4-6 weeks.
Texans players reacted to the news of Jadeveon Clowney’s injury a day after their 17-6 season opening win over Washington.
It may be months after the season finale, but that didn’t stop Paul Gallant from dropping Game of Thrones references galore in his first set of Power Rankings