What I do for 610: Assistant Program Director for SportsRadio 610, Talk 650 and Texans Radio Network. I also do Traffic Reports for 100.3 KILT, SportsRadio 610 and Texans Home Games. My job can be summed up in two words: coordinating and communicating. I program the Control Room software that provides the commercials and show elements that are heard on-air. I oversee the public affairs show that airs on the 5 CBS Radio Houston English-speaking stations as well as quarterly Ascertainments for all 6 CBS Radio Houston stations. I also schedule talent and producers each week, write sales promos, work with the traffic department to schedule the programs and games to air at the correct times, hire producers, pre-screen talent for hire, payroll and anything else that needs to be done to continue to make SportsRadio 610 the #1 rated sports station in Houston!
Hometown: I don’t really consider any of the towns I’ve lived in to be a “hometown” but out of all of them, I like Houston best so I’ll just say Houston.
College: University of Missouri/Broadcast Journalism and Mississippi State/Meteorology
How long at SportsRadio 610: 10 years.
What I love about Houston: Houstonians are the friendliest people I have ever met. When asked this question I always tell the story about when I first moved here I needed directions and asked someone in a Dillards parking lot. As they tried to explain it, they finally said—just follow us we’ll take you there. They literally drove to where I needed to be!
Favorite four-letter word: VACA
- I pride myself on getting jobs because of WHAT I know as opposed to WHO I know.
- I’ve been a DJ at KLIR FM/Columbus, NE and KLIK/Jefferson City, MO
- I’ve been a News Anchor at KWOS/Jefferson City, MO
- I’ve been a Weather Forecaster at KRCG/Jefferson City, MO
- I was a Marketing Director for the 7 Zimmer Radio Group Stations in Mid-Missouri
- I was a Marketing Director for the 6 Journal Broadcast Group Stations in Wichita, Kansas.
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, Cornhuskers, Mizzou
Signature line: You betcha!
Favorite sports experiences:
- Sitting at Arrowhead Stadium in the upper level wearing a trash bag while the Chiefs played the Raiders while freezing rain came down the entire game. Whenever I moved, ice would break off and fall down my back. It was miserable.
- Being in the stands when Mark McGwire hit home run #68. I thought the park would collapse from the roar of the crowd on September 26, 1998.
- In a suite at Minute Maid park October 15, 2005 when Astros won Game 3 against the Cardinals in the National League Championship.
- Sitting at the 30 yard line during the infamous 5th Down Game when Colorado beat Mizzou October 6, 1990.
- Any game in which Toro hugs me!
Sports played: Basketball/Volleyball/Cheerleading in Highschool, Women’s Fast Pitch
Adam Levine…shirtless. Pink…butt shot. Lady Gaga…biting her fist. Katy Perry…getting some tongue action. All of the above on the wrap plastered across the Mix 96.5 studio. Fun, Sexy, Suggestive! A ‘must’ for imitating! Sometimes Josh Innes has […]
Awww…a hug from Houston Texans President Jamey Rootes is priceless! Now I’m just going to need another one Jamey…and another after that and another…! I might just have to dedicate a future Sexy Traffic to […]
And by Knock-Out I mean yummy Oscar De La Hoya! Forget for a moment that he could probably kill you with one punch and just admit this is one attractive human being!!! I promise you […]
Boxing BigWig Bill Caplan knows everybody who is anybody in boxing… and he’s such a sweetheart! I’m glad our cells have exchanged numbers–now if I could just get you to Facebook! Having your kids do […]
Hanging out with two hot guys at Stubbs Cycles…Former Houston Oilers Dan Pastorini and SR610’s John Lopez. They clean up pretty well. Now if only I could get John to clean up his breakfast crumbs […]
I’m so proud to be a part of “Golf for Greater Houston” hosted by Fluor! We raised $200,000 for 4 great charities: Children’s Assessment Center, Casa de Esperanza, The Arc of Fort Bend County and […]
Look who I found in the hallway–Chester Pitts! I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him and I will name him George….that is IF Chester were Daffy Duck! In the meantime, I’m getting […]
Susan Farb Morris and Lidya Osadchey CEO of ESCAPE are in the house to promote 2012 Celebrity Serve Benefit hosted by Janice and Bob McNair! I can’t WAIT to be a WAIT-er at the April 15th […]
I had my heart set on a getting a pink gown for the next charity gala I’m doing after seeing Dominique Sachse looking gorgeous in hers at the Children at Risk gala. Think I’ll have to settle […]
Guess who is in PetTalk Magazine? Yes, I know that’s Nolan Ryan on the cover–I’m on page 21! Make sure to join me, Mayor Annise Parker, 13’s Casey Curry and 11’s Deborah Duncan for Doggy […]