What I do for 610: Assistant Program Director for SportsRadio 610, Talk 650 and Texans Radio Network. I also do Traffic Reports for 100.3 KILT, SportsRadio 610 and Texans Home Games. My job can be summed up in two words: coordinating and communicating. I program the Control Room software that provides the commercials and show elements that are heard on-air. I oversee the public affairs show that airs on the 5 CBS Radio Houston English-speaking stations as well as quarterly Ascertainments for all 6 CBS Radio Houston stations. I also schedule talent and producers each week, write sales promos, work with the traffic department to schedule the programs and games to air at the correct times, hire producers, pre-screen talent for hire, payroll and anything else that needs to be done to continue to make SportsRadio 610 the #1 rated sports station in Houston!
Hometown: I don’t really consider any of the towns I’ve lived in to be a “hometown” but out of all of them, I like Houston best so I’ll just say Houston.
College: University of Missouri/Broadcast Journalism and Mississippi State/Meteorology
How long at SportsRadio 610: 10 years.
What I love about Houston: Houstonians are the friendliest people I have ever met. When asked this question I always tell the story about when I first moved here I needed directions and asked someone in a Dillards parking lot. As they tried to explain it, they finally said—just follow us we’ll take you there. They literally drove to where I needed to be!
Favorite four-letter word: VACA
- I pride myself on getting jobs because of WHAT I know as opposed to WHO I know.
- I’ve been a DJ at KLIR FM/Columbus, NE and KLIK/Jefferson City, MO
- I’ve been a News Anchor at KWOS/Jefferson City, MO
- I’ve been a Weather Forecaster at KRCG/Jefferson City, MO
- I was a Marketing Director for the 7 Zimmer Radio Group Stations in Mid-Missouri
- I was a Marketing Director for the 6 Journal Broadcast Group Stations in Wichita, Kansas.
Teams followed: Texans, Rockets, Astros, Cornhuskers, Mizzou
Signature line: You betcha!
Favorite sports experiences:
- Sitting at Arrowhead Stadium in the upper level wearing a trash bag while the Chiefs played the Raiders while freezing rain came down the entire game. Whenever I moved, ice would break off and fall down my back. It was miserable.
- Being in the stands when Mark McGwire hit home run #68. I thought the park would collapse from the roar of the crowd on September 26, 1998.
- In a suite at Minute Maid park October 15, 2005 when Astros won Game 3 against the Cardinals in the National League Championship.
- Sitting at the 30 yard line during the infamous 5th Down Game when Colorado beat Mizzou October 6, 1990.
- Any game in which Toro hugs me!
Sports played: Basketball/Volleyball/Cheerleading in Highschool, Women’s Fast Pitch
In advance of the Super Bowl, producers and film crews swoop into town to get beauty shots and b-roll to use during the game. I’m pretty confident I have most of their shot list figured […]
I’ve heard some crazy things when gossiping. I guess it shouldn’t shock me or surprise me some of the stupid, weird, mean stuff that people do.
I guess you could call my 4-day stint in the hospital a ‘stay-cation’. Whether you look at the negatives or positives about being in the hospital, I definitely got an education while there… Top 10 […]
I was in the hospital for 4 days last week. Not by choice. While I’m an optimistic, glass-half-full type of person, it wasn’t all rainbows and unicorns while I was there. Top 10 Things That […]
After my recent 4-day stay in the hospital, I decided to look for the silver lining in what was otherwise a not-fun week… 10 Things That RULE About Being in the Hospital! 10. Super stylish […]
I’m proud to be the emcee for the Inaugural Houston Kids Triathlon this Saturday at 5:30pm at UH! It’s USAT sanctioned for ages 5 – 10 who will swim 100 yards; bike 3 miles; and […]
Saturday while emceeing the Rotary Club Scholarship Fundraiser at the George Ranch I met Meredith! Meredith was sitting at one of the sponsor tables with her family bidding during the live auction. She even had […]
What a great time emceeing at the Rotary Club of Richmond 13th Annual Caribbean Cowboy Fish Fry last night! I met two Mayors, a zillion State Representatives and even more running for office–well, this Rotary […]
Rudy T’s wife loves the rose bushes that Barry Warner gave her. I wonder if she wants to adopt the ones that Barry gave me? I’d be willing to come visit on holidays and maybe […]
The Richmond Rotary really takes the quote ‘Riding off into the sunset’ to heart with their annual Cowboys in the Caribbean Fish Fry tonight (4/7/12) at the George Ranch Historical Park! After all there’s nothing […]