- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
Senior Bowl Exec. Dir. Phil Savage has some bad news for those that think Johnny Manziel’s college success won’t translate to the NFL.
For an owner that places such a high value on friendships and making honorable decisions, his emotions apparently prevent him from coming to the proper conclusion. Clean house.
Alright JJ, when you’re in the midst of a 7 (now 8) game losing streak, dial-down the rhetoric and showboating on 2nd sack of game. It’s a team sport in case you weren’t aware – and your team stinks and has no business showboating about anything other than a win.
We may not win every game, but we ain’t never lost a party!
CBS Sports’ Tony Barnhart discusses the rumors that current Alabama head coach Nick Saban tops the Longhorns wish list as heir apparent to Mack Brown.
Was the victory over OU enough for Mack Brown to survive at Texas?
What’s the more difficult task for the new College Football Playoff Selection Committee – figuring out which schools deserve the third and fourth slots in the four-team field, or managing the politics of power conferences that want their “fair” share of the revenues and spotlight?
Chad Morris, parlayed his A&M education and offensive genius from Bay City, to Stephenville, to Lake Travis, to Tulsa, to Clemson, and finally to the Inside College Football podcast.
That’s a very bold statement, and one that most who follow college football doubt will happen. But it’s a bold prediction on this weeks’ INSIDE COLLEGE FOOTBALL podcast. But before Nick can leave Tuscaloosa for Austin, Brien […]
Inside College Football – PODCAST