- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
The official record will show that the Texas Longhorns beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys 41-36 last Saturday night. Cowboy fans seem to disagree. According to the Daily Oklahoman, Longhorn running back Joe Bergeron’s game-winning two yard [...]
Vote for which guy you think will have a better season.
The Southeastern Conference is more concerned about the success of its football programs than the integrity of its football programs.
Who do you want to get your traffic from? VOTE!
Following a bee, wasp, skeeter – some kind of flying insect stinging Nick on Wednesday night, his right arm is not looking good this morning. Recommendations?
One-thousand, five-hundred dollars for refrigerator art.
Listen Irish, if you want us to continue to respect what you continually tell us – that you are still a traditional power in college football, despite the fact you haven’t played like one in almost 20 years, then start acting like one.
A lot of people were ready to sell Miles in 2007 when he delivered the National Title to LSU for two reasons: he wasn’t Nick Saban, and his Tiger team lost two games they shouldn’t have. I’m ready now.
Tommy Krysan from Pelican Sports Network calls to talk to Norm and Brien about LSU Football and the loss of All-American Tyrann Mathieu who failed a drug test number three and is no longer a Tiger.
Texan’s pre-season kicks off tonight in Charlotte. Catch the pre-game starting at 3 here on Sports Radio 610. Taylor Zarzour, afternoon talk show host on our sister station in Charlotte WFNZ, calls and talks to Norm and Brien about the match up.