- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
Was the victory over OU enough for Mack Brown to survive at Texas?
What’s the more difficult task for the new College Football Playoff Selection Committee – figuring out which schools deserve the third and fourth slots in the four-team field, or managing the politics of power conferences that want their “fair” share of the revenues and spotlight?
Chad Morris, parlayed his A&M education and offensive genius from Bay City, to Stephenville, to Lake Travis, to Tulsa, to Clemson, and finally to the Inside College Football podcast.
That’s a very bold statement, and one that most who follow college football doubt will happen. But it’s a bold prediction on this weeks’ INSIDE COLLEGE FOOTBALL podcast. But before Nick can leave Tuscaloosa for Austin, Brien [...]
Inside College Football – PODCAST
Johnny Manziel shredded the vaunted Tide defense once again [562 yards of total offense for JFF].
It’s not even the injury to Malcolm Mitchell after celebrating a TD. No, the Dawgs should be crying because their national title hopes – for a really good team, came to an end in week one at (old rival) Clemson. Next for UGA, and angry JeDeveon Clowney and South Carolina.
Johnny Manziel – allegedly broke the rules by signing memorabilia in exchange for money, seemingly at every chance he got, without regard for his teammates, his coaches, his school, or his fanbase.
The NCAA’s athletic business model is in peril – and they know it.
This morning’s Top 3 dealt with the best places in Houston to take a date for less than $60.00. The texts flew in, and here are the results…(How you explain why you’re so cheap while on [...]