- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
Perhaps its roots don’t start in the small Texas towns where seven-on-seven football is played, but the offense that Chip Kelly’s Eagles used to beat the Texans 31-21 at NRG on Sunday is as Texas […]
Were the regular season to have ended last weekend, Mississippi State (1), Florida State (2), Auburn (3), and Ole Miss (4) would be playing for the title.
“With Mercilus and Clowney it can be unbelievable with those two guys out there and you add Brooks Reed being a tough guy and run stopper, if we can get all those guys on the field at one time it will be tough for the Titans.”
If the playoff committee chooses finding the best four teams over politics – which I think is HIGHLY unlikely – two teams will come from the SEC and at least one from the Big-12.
The sad, perhaps overlooked truth is the avalanche of mistakes started with the snowball that was Watt’s offsides. Instead of Pittsburgh punting from the back of its end zone, the Steelers were off and running to victory.
“The knee is good, but one of those things I try to manage and obviously with the past two years and what’s happened, to prevent anything like that happening is the major key and goal.”
Halloween movies, Ebola, vampires, and more. https://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/10152014shakeitup.mp3 Latest Sports Stories:
That Jimbo Fisher is punching his ticket to hell by defending the indefensible Jameis Winston is all the reason you need to pray for the “Luck of the Irish” this week.
For the first time in college football history, two Mississippi schools are ranked in the Top Five.
With so many holes on the offensive run by O’Brien, it’s amazing the Texans were as close as they were to picking up their fourth win in five games.