- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
Instead of taking advantage of multiple trade options with second pick, the Tennessee Titans kept the selection and choose Oregon QB Marcus Mariota. The wait for Titans fans to see him start will likely be […]
According to various reports, as the clock ticks closer to the start of the 2015 NFL draft, what the Titans will do with the second overall pick provides the biggest intrigue. The assumed prize is […]
Conventional wisdom would say that Bill O’Brien’s incredible success in taking the Texans from 2-14 to 9-7 in his first season as a professional head coach provides him strength and stability in Houston. The opposite […]
In Episode 4 of DOUBLE COVERAGE – a weekly podcast dedicated to the Texans and Cowboys, the “elephant in the room” story of the week is Cowboy’s defensive end Greg Hardy and the ten-game suspension […]
In episode three of DOUBLE COVERAGE Chris Ferguson and I discuss an interesting – perhaps revealing – offseason for J.J. Watt, and how off-field issues could kill the Super Bowl hopes of the Cowboys. Enjoy (and tell […]
In Episode 2 of DOUBLE COVERAGE, Chris Ferguson and I discuss the impact that Darren McFadden and Brian Hoyer mean to the Cowboys and Texans respectively. Let the hated flow! Follow on Twitter
With every baseball season opener, hope springs eternal. Whether the hope be the Astros truly compete for a playoff appearance as the front office has boasted many times this offseason, or that the game realizes it has to adjust to our short attention span.
How did the Cowboys and Texans fair in Free Agency? We’ve got your answer.
The ball is above the level of the ring on its downward flight.
If Hardy’s signing proves successful, Cowboy fans will assuage their guilt for choosing winning over “what’s right” by attacking the competition for similar transgressions.