- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
With so many holes on the offensive run by O’Brien, it’s amazing the Texans were as close as they were to picking up their fourth win in five games.
The Cowboys lead the NFL in rushing with former Sooner DeMarco leading the way. Murray is tops in the NFL with 534 yards on the season, and 133.5 yards per game. He also has run [...]
Much like the Giants, Buffalo’s passing game lives off the short pass, which they hope open ups the running game.
How much of our frustration over the mishandling of this [Ray Rice] situation was directed at the Ravens front office? How much at the “incompetent” Goodell?
Why did Seminole coach Jimbo Fisher upgrade the penalty from a half to a full game anyway? If you felt a half-game suspension was sufficient, stick to your low moral guns, don’t bow to public pressure and expose your fraudulent, biased, discipline any more than you already have.
With the game on his shoulders, Fitzpatrick reverted to form; a guy who can look great one minute…looks inept the next minute throwing an errant interception.
All this talk about the Texans’ rushing attack being the reason the team is 2-0 is “smoke and mirrors.
However the decision to “retire” came about, I applaud the move standing up.
The Sooners look to have everything a team needs to earn one of the four Playoff slots, all they’ve got to do is avoid “Big Game Bob” earning what started as a legitimate crown but has evolved into a more sarcastic nickname.
At the current pace, Foster will finish 2014 with 440 carries, that would be 89 more than Arian had in 2012 when he led the league in carries with 351, or 24 more than the NFL record of 416 by the Chiefs Larry Johnson in ’06.