- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
Kluwe told SportsRadio 610 he doesn’t understand the difference between the distractions a gay player might create and the distractions Johnny Manziel has brought to Cleveland since being drafted in the first round by the Browns.
We want aggressive violent action, not the over-dramatic flopping of a four year old girl who’s overtired and cries of lifelong physical impairment because her older sister brushed flesh. Offer that girl a cookie and suddenly it’s “what pain?!” Soccer encourages this melodrama as if contact with an opposing player will require life-flight and most likely an organ transplant. But give that team the ball and suddenly it’s “what injury?!”
While we await the start of the 2014 NFL draft – and what the Texans will do with the first pick – the video below presents an ethical dilemma. How do you handle it? What’s [...]
No matter how many “big” moments happened in Sunday’s game, no image of my wonderful visit to New York can compare to Saturday’s emotional visit to the 9/11 site.
If Seattle is capable of turning one of Peyton Manning’s assets into a liability [at least as a match-up], that may be enough to tip the balance in the Seahawks favor.
The reasons for Bortles ascension up this years draft board is two-fold: he may have the best physical tools among this years class, and he plays well in big games.
CBS Sports’ college football expert Spencer Tillman discusses the likelihood that Nick Saban leaves Alabama for Texas with Brien Straw & Nate Griffin.
Is it just me or are there others that think David Shaw is NOT the next Harbaugh (Jim or John).
Not since 1957 have the Owls been able to claim an outright conference title, but with a victory over Marshall at Rice Stadium tomorrow, that will change.
If the first two years of the Kevin Sumlin era are any indication, there could be a trip to Atlanta – for the SEC Title, perhaps a trip to Dallas or Miami for one of the College Football Playoff semi-final games that same  season.