- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
All this talk about the Texans’ rushing attack being the reason the team is 2-0 is “smoke and mirrors.
However the decision to “retire” came about, I applaud the move standing up.
The Sooners look to have everything a team needs to earn one of the four Playoff slots, all they’ve got to do is avoid “Big Game Bob” earning what started as a legitimate crown but has evolved into a more sarcastic nickname.
At the current pace, Foster will finish 2014 with 440 carries, that would be 89 more than Arian had in 2012 when he led the league in carries with 351, or 24 more than the NFL record of 416 by the Chiefs Larry Johnson in ’06.
When I asked if I could use his toaster oven to heat up my “hot-pocket,” he was gracious and said sure, if you have one.
Right now, the three players kicked off the team before the BYU game made for better headlines than the completely embarrassing 41-7 loss in Austin Saturday night.
Texans head coach Bill O’Brien, said at his press conference today that, “Penn State was a special place and that he felt best for the players and coaching staff now in place.”
This preseason, the Texans have allowed 40 passes of more than ten yards. For comparison sake, they’ve completed 23. The Redskins have completed 36 passes of more than ten yards.
Sophomore QB Kenny Hill not only picked up where Johnny Manziel left the program, he took the offense to a new record-setting level.
While Sumlin has been praised for his recruiting efforts – deservedly so – the judgment on what those efforts mean in terms of wins and losses and competing for SEC or national titles begins tonight.