- What I do for 610: Co-host the Bstraw & PaulyG Show, weeknights from 7:00 – 11:00pm
- Oh! Brien’s Blog
- HOMETOWN: Arlington Heights, IL
- HIGH SCHOOL: Rolling Meadows (Home to famous celebrities: Gary Cole of Office Space fame, Jimmy Garoppolo – 2014 2nd round pick of the New England Patriots, and some co-host of the Bstraw & PaulyG Show at SportsRadio 610 in Houston, TX)
- COLLEGE: Ole Miss
- HOW LONG AT SPORTSRADIO 610: Since July 2010
- HOW LONG IN RADIO: Since 2004
- COOLEST PERSON AT SR610: Three-way tie between Sarah Frazier, Ryan McCredden and Laura Reynolds (sufficient sucking up to the bosses?)
- FAVORITE INTERVIEWS: Ted Turner, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dan LeBatard and Gary Danielson
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Host of The Grove Report, regionally syndicated show The Sports Tap, WNSP in Mobile, AL, WJOX in Birmingham, AL
- TEAMS FOLLOWED: Ole Miss Rebels, Chicago: Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks & White Sox, and of course Texans, Rockets & Astros
- FAVORITE SPORTS EXPERIENCES I ATTENDED:
- Texas-USC & Texas-Alabama BCS Title Games
- 1992 NBA Finals Game 2 (Bulls-Lakers)
- 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series clinching victory
- 1996 Atlanta Olympics
- 2003 Ole Miss 43-28 victory over Alabama
- 2011 Texans 31-10 playoff victory over Cincinnati Bengals – 1st playoff win in team history
- SPORTS PLAYED: Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track (high school), Basketball (junior high & pick-up games), Golf, Ultimate Frisbee, Racquetball
- FAMILY: Wife Kathryn and two daughters
- MORE: Growing up in Chicago talk radio was huge. Let’s face it, the teams were rarely competitive so the conversations about sports, life, politics, etc. provided a compelling escape. From an early age I wanted to be involved in radio – I just need the sports-talk forum to be created. To me, the “CBS EYE” is one of the most iconic symbols in America and to have the privilege to work for CBS Radio in the nations sixth-largest market – and best place to raise a family (the “Livable Forest” of Kingwood) is truly a dream come true. I am well aware of how fortunate I am.
Brien and Patrick get heated over the Rockets bad start to the season and their narrow escape against the winless 76ers.
Brien and Patrick talk to Kaare Johnson of AM 1280/FOX Sports New Orleans to preview the upcoming Saints vs. Texans game.
It would seem Les Miles will coach the LSU Tigers once more, when they host Texas A&M this Saturday. Will Mark Richt be coaching his last game as Georgia’s head coach on Saturday when the Bulldogs play Georgia Tech in Atlanta?
The second half schedule looked much more daunting on paper, but since reaching the breaking point when they trailed Miami by 41, it appears it doesn’t matter who the opponent is as the Texans picked up their third straight win with a 24-17 win over the Jets.
It has been a whirlwind 24-hours for the Texans newest quarterback, Brandon Weeden. Released by the Cowboys on Tuesday, the Texans claimed Weeden off waivers on Wednesday, and he plans to be ready if called on when the Texans host the Jets on Sunday.
The university of Missouri and the social media mafia will celebrate and chalk up the president’s resignation as a victory for race relations. Those are self-absorbed, agenda-driven, myopic projections. I predict the events at Mizzou will be remembered years from now as the events that forever changed college athletics, not race relations.
Not everything clicked during the Texans’ 20-6 victory over the completely hapless Tennessee Titans on Sunday at NRG Stadium. The Texans running game is still MIA. Say what you will about the Gary Kubiak tenure, […]
Texans linebacker Brian Cushing said he was unaware of the reported rumors the team is looking to trade their first pick in the 2009 draft.
As the rain falls outside NRG Stadium this Sunday morning I can’t help but think of the Grinch who stole Christmas. Like the Grinch who only left in the house a crumb that was even […]
With coaches earning multi-million dollar contracts they should have no complaints about a quick hook.