What I do for SportsRadio 610: I’m a utility infielder. Good glove, no hit. Some sports flashes, game coverage, Texans training camp, Texans pre-game show and much, much more once I figure out what all these buttons are for in the control room.
Birthday: Feb. 18
Hometown: Casey, IA
College: University of Iowa- 1992
High School: Adair-Casey High School. Go ahead, just try and find it on a map.
How long at SportsRadio 610: July 2013. I am the rookie but at least I have my ID card. You can’t even go the bathroom around here without said card.
The coolest person at 610: Well Robert Henslee has the best hair but Ted Johnson has three Super Bowl rings.
What I love about Houston: The passion and performance of the youth sports in the city and the suburbs. I also love the professional sports stadiums and arenas. Well done.
My favorite four letter word: Iowa. It’s my homeland. Go Hawks.
Favorite people to interview: Biggio, Clemens and of course Lance Berkman.
My experience: 19 years of professional baseball play-by-play experience, seven with the Astros. Mix in a little MLB Network and ESPN (College baseball) this summer to go along with college football and basketball on the Touchdown Radio Network (national games) CSN Houston and Fox Sports Southwest. High school football and basketball games with the Legacy Sports Network. P.A. Announcer for the Texas Bowl.
The teams I followed growing up: Iowa Hawkeyes, Kansas City Royals and Green Bay Packers. Now I am a minority owner of the Pack- two whole shares.
Signature phrases: That’s nonsense. That seems to apply to sooo many things today.
Favorite sport experiences:
- Witnessing Craig Biggio’s 3000th hit at Minute Maid Park.
- Being in attendance at Games 6 & 7 of the 2001 World Series in Phoenix with my dad. Game 7 was a dramatic finish to one the best Series of all time.
- Taking my son to the NCAA Championship Game at Reliant Stadium in 2011. Although my ten-year old could have shot the ball better than the two teams did that night.
- Being at the Orange Bowl (2010) when Iowa defeated Georgia Tech and watching the Hawks take out LSU in the Capitol One Bowl in 2005 on one of the best finishes to a bowl game ever. Sorry Saban. Sorry Jamarcus.
- Coaching first base in a Midwest League minor league game for the Beloit Snappers.
- Watching my son’s Lamar National All Star baseball team go to state this summer.
Sports I played growing up: Baseball, basketball and golf.
Family: Wife Betsy, son Will and daughter Kate. Yes, I know, Will and Kate, the royal couple lives in my house.
Dallas Keuchel suffered his first loss since August 21, 2016 while The Woodlands native Austin Pruitt shut down the Astros.
Evan Longoria hit for the cycle in Tampa Bay’s 6-4 win over the Astros.
Astros ace Dallas Keuchel is getting closer to a potential return to the big league roster.
The Astros mustered just one run Wednesday, losing a game and a series to the Mariners.
Mike Fiers continued his run of strong starts as he pitched the Astros to win over the Twins Sunday.
The Astros fell to Ervin Santana and the Twins 4-2 Saturday night.
Paul Gallant and Brett Dolan filling in. They talked with former MLB pitcher and Root Sports SW analyst Mike Stanton about the great play of the Houston Astros, moves they could make to improve the team, conspiracy theories on why more home runs are happening this season, and more.
The Astros fell 6-5 to Boston Sunday night, losing all three series on the home stand.
David Paulino earned his first M.L.B. win as the Astros defeated Boston 7-1 Saturday night.
Francis Martes earned his first big league win and Derek Fisher collected his first two hits as the Astros rolled the Rangers Wednesday.