Latest Houston Politics
Hecklers demanding that Texas expand the Medicaid program under the White House-backed health care law repeatedly interrupted a speech by Gov. Rick Perry on Wednesday, then descended on his office for a meeting to keep pressing their case.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, whose own state was beset by a major storm last year and then by squabbling in Congress over disaster aid, said Wednesday that Oklahoma’s tornado victims deserve “swift and immediate” help, and federal lawmakers have said they are likely to get it.
President Barack Obama says the American economy is, in his words, “poised for progress.”
Gov. Rick Perry has greeted President Barack Obama at the Austin airport with a handshake.
The House backed a proposal Monday that would allow gun buyers and sellers to circumvent any federal firearms ban if the gun was manufactured in the state, though no manufacturer now exists in Louisiana.
The arrest of a 41-year-old Mississippi martial arts instructor in a case of poison-laced letters sent to President Barack Obama and others capped a week in which investigators initially zeroed in on a rival of James Everett Dutschke, then decided they had the wrong man.
- Obama: Former President George W. Bush Is A ‘Good Man’ 2013/04/25
- Scooter Store Files For Bankruptcy Following Congressional Scrutiny 2013/04/17
- Perry Announces Chicago Ad Buy Touting Texas 2013/04/15
- Mayor Parker should follow the money: What you don’t know about Comcast-Astros-Rockets negotiations SportsRadio 610–2013/04/14
ShowsListen all week! Mon-Fri, 6am-10am Mon-Fri, 10am-2pm Mon-Fri, 2pm-6pm Mon-Fri, 6pm-10pm Mon-Fri, 10pm-12am
CBS Houston Categories
- Celebs Who Own Sports’ Teams! Massive Tornado Hits Oklahoma Goodbye Beckham! Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Fan Fest 2013: Fan Pictures... Fan Fest 2013 Houston Art Car Parade! Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Prince Harry In U.S. Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Texas Rookie Mini-Camp And...
- The Elephants! Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Famous Hot Mamas! Remembering Jeanne Cooper