Let's Get To Work Houston
For Your Job Search
- Houston Leads The Nation In Economic Growth Since the recession in 2009, Houston has added more than 250,000 new jobs, with 24 percent of these new jobs classified as high-wage jobs - earning more than $21 per hour.
- Archivist Sees The Benefits Of An Interdisciplinary Education In Houston Lauren Meyers draws on her diverse education in information science, art history, psychology and nonprofit management in her daily job as archivist for University of Houston Clear Lake.
- Professor Studies Juvenile Justice And Houston Teens Convicted Of Murder Sharlette Kellum-Gilbert, assistant professor in the Department of Administration of Justice at Texas Southern University, discusses her work with at-risk youth, domestic violence, and teen murder.
- Houston Nurse Helps New Babies Bond With Their Families For The First Time Liz Vaclavik, of Memorial Hermann Northwest, teaches new mothers how to care for their newborns.
- Web Developer Gives Advice For Those Pursuing An IT Career In Houston Phillip Lowe discusses his career as a web developer and how "the IT field is constantly changing."
- Houston Educator A Firm Proponent Of Lifelong Learning Paul Catalanotto discusses his role as theology teacher and cross country coach at a private Catholic high school in Houston.
- Energy Sector Is Helping To Reduce Houston's Unemployment Rate Energy and oil and gas companies are searching for employees with technology backgrounds to give them an edge in a competitive industry.
- Houston Microsoft Manager Suggests Becoming 'A Lifelong Learner' Craig Hodges, General Manager of Gulf Coast District Microsoft, discusses his education and how it has helped him to be successful in business.
- Houston Psychologist Helps Families Improve Their Lives And Relationships Dr. Ehrin Weiss discusses her psychology background and practice and the payoff it has provided.
- Houston Patent Lawyer Uses Technology Background To Understand Inventions Houston patent attorney Lauren Cordray discusses her education and how her technology background helps her to be successful in her job.