CBS Houston Health News
- Study: Women's Sexual Readiness Tied To Heart Rate A woman's heart rate may identify how easy or difficult it is for her to become sexually aroused.
- Doctors Reshape Baby's Odd Head Shape To Cure Serious Medical Condition Megan Boler gave birth to her son Matthew nearly one year ago, and noticed that the long and thin shape of her baby boy’s head was a bit odd.
- Study: More Women Choosing Lumpectomy For Breast Cancer The number of women choosing breast-conserving surgery lumpectomy as a treatment to breast cancer has risen.
- Doctors: Human Breast Milk Health Claims Are 'Bunk' Doctors are warning the health benefits of human breast milk for adults has been greatly exaggerated and could even be harmful.
- Texas To Repeal Decade-Old Ban On Deep Fryers In Public School Kitchens It's about freedom, not the fries.
- Doctors Perform First Skull And Scalp Transplant Doctors from MD Anderson Cancer Center and Houston Methodist Hospital transplanted part of a donor's skull and scalp to help a man with a large head wound from cancer treatment.
- Texas Governor Abbott: State Won't Legalize Medicinal Or Recreational Marijuana Republican Gov. Greg Abbott says Texas won't legalize marijuana for medicinal or recreational use for as long as he's in office.
- Blue Bell Laying Off More Than A Third Of Workers Following Listeria Problems Blue Bell Creameries will lay off more than a third of its workforce following a series of listeria illnesses linked to its ice cream that prompted a nationwide recall of all its products, the Texas company announced Friday.
- Texas Outlines Health Requirements For Blue Bell Creameries Blue Bell Creameries signed agreements with health officials in Texas and Oklahoma on Thursday requiring the company to inform the states whenever there is a positive test result for listeria in its products or ingredients.
- A Gift For Life: The Carson Kainer Story Former Longhorn baseball star Carson Kainer recounts his battle with Congenital Kidney Disease, and the transplant - from his father - that saved his life.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- Blue Bell Says It's Still Trying To Pinpoint Listeria Cause A massive recall has brought more attention and put more pressure on a century-old Texas ice cream company that has been searching to discover how its products became linked to a deadly string of listeria cases.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Woman Gives Birth To First Set Of All-Girl Quintuplets Born In US A Houston hospital says a woman has given birth to five girls in what it believes is the first set of all-female quintuplets born in the U.S.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."