CBS Houston Health News
- Blue Bell Laying Off More Than A Third Of Workers Following Listeria Problems Blue Bell Creameries will lay off more than a third of its workforce following a series of listeria illnesses linked to its ice cream that prompted a nationwide recall of all its products, the Texas company announced Friday.
- Texas Outlines Health Requirements For Blue Bell Creameries Blue Bell Creameries signed agreements with health officials in Texas and Oklahoma on Thursday requiring the company to inform the states whenever there is a positive test result for listeria in its products or ingredients.
- A Gift For Life: The Carson Kainer Story Former Longhorn baseball star Carson Kainer recounts his battle with Congenital Kidney Disease, and the transplant - from his father - that saved his life.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- Blue Bell Says It's Still Trying To Pinpoint Listeria Cause A massive recall has brought more attention and put more pressure on a century-old Texas ice cream company that has been searching to discover how its products became linked to a deadly string of listeria cases.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Woman Gives Birth To First Set Of All-Girl Quintuplets Born In US A Houston hospital says a woman has given birth to five girls in what it believes is the first set of all-female quintuplets born in the U.S.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- Health Officials: Three Texans Sickened After Eating Blue Bell Ice Cream Health officials say 3 developed listeria while in the hospital after eating Blue Bell ice cream.
- Apple Watch & ResearchKit Raise Privacy Concerns Apple's announcement brought the potential for a healthier future with innovative technology that’s guaranteed to take the world by storm for its practicality and it’s privacy risks.
- Oklahoma Bill Would Require Couples To Prove They Don't Have STDs To Get Married A proposed Oklahoma Senate bill would require couples to prove they don’t have any STDs in order to get married in the state.
- The Story Of Sharing America's Marrow Sam Kimura, her sister and her best friend are on a mission to help people around the country in need of life saving blood marrow. See how these three young women are going about making a real difference.
- Bill To Ban Some Abortions In Oklahoma Clears Panel OKLAHOMA CITY (CBS HOUSTON/AP) — Doctors who perform certain types of abortions in Oklahoma would face up to two years in prison under a bill that has cleared a House committee. The House Public Health Committee voted 8-3 on Wednesday for the...
- Family Claims Man Lost Half His Skull After Jail Allegedly Refused To Give Antibiotic An Oklahoma man may have possibly lost half of his skull because of a sinus infection left untreated by a local jail.
- 5 Helpful Tips For A Long Life Want to live a healthy and happy life for decades to come? David B. Angus, MD, author of "A Short Guide To A Long Life," has five tips to have you living well for years to come.