Health Topic Center
CBS Houston Health News
- Study: Cellphone Addiction An 'Increasingly Realistic' Trend Researchers say addiction to cellphones has become a “realistic possibility” in response to data finding female college students spend an average of 10 hours per day on their electronic devices, and men spending nearly eight.
- Standing Desks Fighting Obesity, Boosting Attention Spans In More US Classrooms Standing desks may soon become a standard part of U.S. classrooms as recent studies have shown the workplace health trend increases students paying attention boosts efforts in the fight against childhood obesity.
- Pediatricians' Rx For Schools: Later Start Times Pediatricians have a new prescription for schools: later start times for teens.
- Parents Growing More Concerned Over Potential For Concussions In Young Soccer Players The lawsuit was filed Wednesday and seeks class action status on behalf of current and former soccer players who competed for teams governed by FIFA and several U.S.-based soccer organizations.
- New Nail Polish Detects Presence of Date Rape Drugs in Drinks The future of preventing date rape may soon be at the tip of your finger—literally.
- At-Home Test For Colon Cancer Coming Soon The Mayo Clinic is the first in the country to offer a new, at-home screening test for colon cancer.
- Study: Women Entering Pregnancy In Poor Health Less Likely To Breastfeed More women in the United States are choosing to breastfeed their kids. But new research from the University of Minnesota is shedding some light on the overall health of pregnant women.
- What Robin Williams' Death Tells Us About Parkinson's Disease Williams passing has shed light on his overall health; both mental and physical.
- How Common Is Depression? Nearly 60 million people experience a mental health condition every year. But only a fraction of those conditions are ever detected.
- Study: Metabolism Can Be Boosted By Adjusting Thermostat A new study published by the American Diabetes Association shows something as simple as lowering your thermostat can jump start your metabolism.