You can catch up on what you may have missed or want to hear again from today’s edition of MaD Radio right here.
My biggest takes from today’s show:
- Andre Johnson was great, but JJ Watt is the best Texan of all time. He could retire tomorrow and that would be the case.
- Laurel D’Antoni is one of my favorite people in sports. She is the kind of wife every coach would be lucky to have, entertaining as heck and I’m a huge fan of her.
- Every time a college beat reporter goes on the radio it’s a foregone conclusion they’re going to romanticize the player they used to cover. Rarely will they question the player.
- David Fizdale’s rant following his team’s Game 2 loss in San Antonio got a lot of attention today.
- The Texans are in desperate need of charismatic, entertaining personalities. I’m not trying to take anything away from JJ Watt, DeAndre Hopkins and Tom Savage, but their kinda dry at the podium and sound bites could be very rare.
Now here are a few things that didn’t make the show that are on my mind…
— Duke’s Grayson Allen will return for his senior season, which is good for a sport that needs as many villains as possible.
— Some people have tried to say that Kawhi Leonard, not LeBron James, is the best player in the league. These are the same people that were saying the NBA was Stephen Curry’s league last season. It’s a cute thing to try to do, but there isn’t a sane person in the world that would currently take anyone over James during the playoffs if their life depended on it unless they wanted to die. It’s mind-boggling anyone says otherwise.
— This made me like Steph Curry. You can tell he’s a very good dad.
— The Facebook killer is dead after killing himself, which was no surprise to me. A soft coward like that who loses his mind over a significant other and murders an innocent old man while trying to get viral attention could never last in prison. He’s too much of a soft punk, may he rot in hell.
— This is 50 Tyson-like, but way, way worse.
Listen to MaD Radio on SportsRadio 610 M-F from 6-10am. Follow me on Twitter: @LandryLocker. E-mail me at email@example.com.