You can catch up on what you may have missed or want to hear again from today’s edition of MaD Radio right here.
My biggest takes from today’s show:
- The fight between Mike and Seth today was epic. The best part about it was Marc Vandermeer remaining in professional broadcaster mode during the whole exchange.
- I refuse to be sold on Tom Savage as a starting NFL quarterback and don’t believe the Texans like him as much as they’re pretending they do. There’s nobody that’s going to be able to sell me on him being the starter heading into the season as anything other than a disaster.
- Michael Lombardi makes me cringe when he talks about football, his egotistical revisionist history is a beating. He also looks like a guy whose breath smells like sour cream and onion potato chips.
- The Astros are one of the most exciting teams in baseball 1/60th through the MLB season.
- Mike, Seth and I broke down Ryan Mallett’s appearance on Gruden’s QB camp. Mallett being asked to do his hard count by Gruden was entertaining even years later.
Now here are a few things that didn’t make the show that are on my mind…
— If the Cleveland Cavaliers are the No. 1 seed in the East then anyone criticizing the way they’ve approached the regular season needs to swallow their pride and hush. It’s silly that the players resting debate has been such a big thing in the first place, but if the Cavs are the No. 1 seed and especially if they win another title everyone should fill their mouth with crow and eat up.
– – Marshawn Lynch is going to look like a BEAST (no pun intended) in a Raiders uniform.
— I watched a Jersey Shore reunion yesterday and loved every second of it. That show travels well with time and is easily one of the best reality shows of all time.
— JJ Watt shouting out Tony Romo on Twitter pissed a lot of Texans fans off yesterday.
— Why was this woman crying? If it had anything to do with the game itself (the 3rd of the season) then this woman needs professional help.
— Today’s celebrity birthday whose party I would most like to attend: Todd Chrisley, who turns 48. I love reality TV, I just do. Plus, Chrisley can talk some trash and I think I could learn a few one-liners from him.
— If Richard Sherman goes to the Patriots I might stop watching football. Not really, but that would be ridiculous.
— B&B Butchers is the best restaurant in Houston. I highly recommend it. It’s a high-end steakhouse, but they also have deli sandwiches for lunch with the best roast beef in town. I highly recommend it.
Listen to MaD Radio on SportsRadio 610 M-F from 6-10am. Follow me on Twitter: @LandryLocker. E-mail me at email@example.com.