You can catch up on what you may have missed or want to hear again from today’s edition of MaD Radio right here.
- The first segment of today’s show in which Mike confessed to drinking a beer at home as if it was some sort of drug binge is why I love Melts, I’m laughing just thinking thinking about it. Seth’s reaction, analysis and story about his mom drinking a wine cooler and smoking a cigarette was vintage Seth. If you missed it listen to it below.
- There was a discussion over whether or not Tony Romo looks heavy in the picture that was taken of him yesterday (See it below). Even if he does then it’s nothing to make too much of because he’s known to get a little heavy during the off season and work himself into shape during camp.
- I can understand the followings of a lot of music groups that I don’t necessarily listen to, but I don’t get Led Zeppelin at all. It used to piss my stepdad (R.I.P.) off to no end and apparently it gets a rise out of Seth as well.
- It’s starting to feel like Russell Westbrook is going to win the MVP. Sports are fluid so the feeling can change at any time, but that’s the feeling I’m getting and I feel like the rest of the city can kind of feel things swinging that way as well. I don’t think it’s a bad thing because I’d rather see James Harden with a chip on his shoulder rather than a satisfied Harden.Part of me wonders how Harden would handle a successful season this time around. The last time Harden had what was widely considered a successful season (by his standards) was in 2014-15 and he followed that up with a disastrous 2015-16. It seems like he has matured since, but it’s something to keep an eye on.
- I’m not a fan of sleeping in a different bed than your spouse. I guess it’s not a rare occurrence, but it doesn’t seem like something I would want to do.
Now here are a few things that didn’t make the show that are on my mind…
— How much different would a Russell Westbrook MVP speech be than they one that Kevin Durant gave in 2014? A Westbrook MVP speech would be must see TV. Can you imagine him attempting to individually thank his teammates and sound humble for 20 minutes? I’d rather him just go up there, thank himself, drop the mic and leave.
— Tomorrow I will be hosting a show from 1-4 pm at Twin Peaks on I-10 and Kirkwood with Matt Hammond. Hambone is known for his creative thinking and frequent use of analogies. I’m going to maximize his analogies by playing a game with him in which he gives an analogy for real life situations. The idea came from Josh Beard, who had him analogize real life situations when he was filling in for Paul Gallant.
— Does Romo look heavy here?
— I can’t imagine that the Final 4 Ratings are going to be that high with North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina and Gonzaga as the remaining teams. I wonder how many people could name eight players remaining in the tournament or even eight players by their jersey number and school that they enjoy watching. I’ll plead the fifth on this one.
— I refuse to allow the Cavs to troll me into thinking they won’t be in the NBA Finals. Anyone who wants the field vs the Cavs can have 2 to 1 odds from me.
— Today’s celebrity birthday whose party I would most like to attend: Angus Young, who turns 62. I would like to talk to the ACDC guitarist about why Led Zeppelin gets so much more love than his band despite making worse music. Plus, we all know how rock stars get down. I probably couldn’t have hung with him back in the day, but the fact he’s 62 is an equalizer.
Listen to MaD Radio on SportsRadio 610 M-F from 6-10am. Follow me on Twitter: @LandryLocker. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.