You can catch up on what you may have missed or want to hear again from today’s edition of MaD Radio right here.
My biggest takes from today’s show:
- I’m amused by Seth’s dislike for the Oregon basketball team and support finding a team to root against, rather than for, when you don’t have a rooting interest.
- I’m beaten down by the James Harden should be the MVP discussion. Can the playoffs start already?
- My MVP Ballot would be the following: 1. LeBron James 2. Harden 3. Kawhi Leonard 4. Russell Westbrook 5. Isaiah Thomas
- I like when a coach or GM comes out and flat-out says that he thinks his team can win a championship, Astros GM Jeff Luhnow did that today on Mad Radio.
- Jim Nantz’s tradition of giving his tie to a player during the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship is an interesting one. I went from thinking it was egotistical to bizarre to a cool gesture in a matter of four minutes.
Now here are a few things that didn’t make the show that are on my mind…
— One of the most useful things a member of the media can do is gossip and talk to as many people as possible. I’m not good at some things, but I’m good at getting information from the right people. I have been talking to people in Dallas and have learned a few things about Romo.
– Rick Smith, Stephen Jones and John Elway are all on the competition committee and will be in the same room at the owner’s meetings. That’s why the rest of the decision-makers in the Cowboys organization made the decision to overrule Jerry.
– Romo hasn’t said he wants to play yet.
– Romo wants to do right by Jerry just as much as Jerry wants to do right by him, that hasn’t changed. His beef is below…
– The Cowboys ONLY concern with Romo is that he will bash Garrett publicly. He HATES Garrett now and was betrayed by him in some way, shape or form. No idea where it went wrong, but he’s not a fan of the Cowboys head coach.
– April 17th will be the absolute longest Romo is a Cowboy because that’s when players can workout at facilities and they don’t want Romo there working out or getting hurt and then being on the hook for his money.
– Right now everyone I’ve talked to that’s in the credible gossip circle says they’d bet on retirement.
— The highlights of LaVar Ball playing in a rec league championship game were extremely entertaining to me, it was actually a very close game. He’s No. 8 in the dark jersey.
— You won’t read anything for intriguing than this piece about the Aaron Hernendez trial, it’s not possible.
— Cody Stoots and John Lopez on In The Loop (M-F 10am-2pm on SportsRadio 610) killed me for saying March Madness was boring, but here’s a video of Stoots during the most marquee game of the tournament.
— I love being in traffic in Houston as a new Houstonian. I feel like it’s initiation.
— Some hack reporter from South Carolina and Dennis Dodd had a problem with this kid from Sports Illustrated For Kids asking questions during the Sweet 16 of March Madness. There’s nothing worse than a self-entitled member of the media and the last things fans want to hear is someone that has the privilege of covering sports for a living complaining about their job.
— Today’s celebrity birthday whose party I would most like to attend: Vicki Gunvalson of The Real Housewives Of Orange County. Not everyone will get this reference, but I’d love to Whoop It Up with Vicki. Yes, I watch the show.
Listen to MaD Radio on SportsRadio 610 M-F from 6-10am. Follow me on Twitter: @LandryLocker. E-mail me at email@example.com.