You can catch up on what you may have missed or want to hear again from today’s edition of MaD Radio right here.
My biggest takes from today’s show:
- The closer people actually watch March Madness the more they seem to understand just how bad the on-court basketball product is. Nick Wright, despite his awful NBA take that I will get to later, summarized college hoops perfectly during the Gonzaga-West Virginia game.
- Greg Fitzsimmons joined the show today. I’m fascinated with good comedians and believe there are few things in the world more difficult to do than stand-up comedy.
- The South African Soccer player, who shouted out his wife and girlfriend, said that it was a misunderstanding and he actually calls his daughter his girlfriend. This might be the worst lie every when you consider that he had time to come up with this explanation. Here are Mike Meltser and Seth discussing it.
- I can’t decide if I think Tony Romo will be good on TV or not, but I don’t think there will be any middle ground, he will be amazing or a train wreck
- Seth compared Brock Osweiler to a used car and a second round pick to a lawnmower and it made sense.
Now here are a few things that didn’t make the show that are on my mind…
— Any member of the media or radio host that has said during this NCAA Tournament that they can’t stand LaVar Ball is like an accountant that hates calculators. He makes our jobs easier. What else are you going to talk about? Bad basketball? Ball is the most entertaining, charismatic thing about this tournament.
— Friday is always a good day, but it will never be as good as it was during these times.
— Nick Wright, a talented individual and former employee of SportsRadio 610, said that to solve the NBA’s “problem” with resting players during nationally televised games the NBA should use head-to-head records to decide home court advantage in the playoffs.
- The NBA doesn’t need to do anything except mind their own business when it comes to this.
- This is an awful idea because it takes one small problem by adding potentially larger problems
Here is a clip of me discussing why this is a bad idea with Mike and Seth.
— Have you ever had a friend that has the most random unique skills? Christian McCaffrey strikes me as one of those guys.
— The laziest argument in sports right now is blaming AAU basketball for all of the game’s problems. The most competitive level of youth basketball is not responsible for all of the problems in the world of basketball. It’s almost as if one person foolishly said it one day and everyone else just latched onto it.
— Gronk is AWESOME! Even the biggest Patriots haters can’t hate this guy.
— Today’s celebrity birthday whose party I would most like to attend: The Undertaker, who turns 52. I want to see what he’s like out of the ring and how he celebrates his birthday.
Listen to MaD Radio on SportsRadio 610 M-F from 6-10am. Follow me on Twitter: @LandryLocker. E-mail me at email@example.com.