Houston (CBS Houston) – The Houston Texans quarterback situation could look very different if the New England Patriots cut ties with a former third round draft pick.
As it stands right now Ryan Mallett is on the 53-man roster for the New England Patriots.
NFL.com reporter Ian Rapoport indicated on Twitter the Texans are the expected landing spot for Mallett should the Patriots part ways with him.
Texans head coach Bill O’Brien was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots when Mallett was drafted in 2011.
Mallett’s name came up as the subject of rumors prior to this year’s draft. He could be an expendable player for the Patriots as they drafted Jimmy Garoppolo in the second round this year.
Mallett has completed one pass in four attempts in his NFL career. He has 17 career passing yards and has thrown one interception. He played college football at Arkansas where he threw for 62 touchdowns and over 7,000 yards in two seasons with the Razorbacks.
Get in touch with Cody Stoots on Twitter – @Cody_Stoots
- Locker Room Five Things Jan. 17, 2018: Ariza Deserves Harsh Punishment, Questions Brain Gaine Must Answer And Keenum’s Favorable Situation
- A Reason To Cheer For Each Team Left In The NFL Playoffs
- Former Gymnasts Speak In Court About Abuse By Nassar
- The Best of Gallant At Night 1-16
- Brandon Marshall On Vikings-Eagles NFC Championship