Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans released their first player on Friday on the way to getting to a 53 man roster by 3pm CT on Saturday.
Kicker Chris Boswell was released according to CSN’s James Palmer.
Boswell, a local product of Rice University, got time kicking and punting for the Texans, but with veteran Shane Lechler at punter and incumbent kicker Randy Bullock looking good on field goals Boswell would have had to have an outstanding preseason to make the roster.
Boswell missed two extra points, when they were from 33 yards per a preseason test rule, in the Texans first home game against the Falcons, but kicked well on field goals going 2 for 2 in the preseason.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Officially Welcome ‘Soft-Spoken’ 1st-Round Pick Will Fuller
- Houston Texans Expected To Target Offensive Line, Defensive Tackle Or Tight End
- Jon Weeks Excited To Work With New Special Teams Coach Larry Izzo
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears
- What Can Texans Fans Expect From Will Fuller?