Randy Bullock Ahead Of Boswell For Kicking Job
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Dove Valley, CO (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans created a little bit of a kicker competition at training camp when they signed drafted free agent Chris Boswell from Rice to compete with incumbent kicker Randy Bullock for the place kicker position. Most teams only keep one kicker on their roster and currently the A&M Aggie is beating out the Rice Owl.
“I’d say Randy (Bullock) is in the lead,” Texans Head Coach Bill O’Brien said after practice in Colorado on Thursday. “Randy has made some good kicks. He made some good kicks in the game last week and made a game winner out here yesterday. So, I’d say he’s in the lead right now.”
Boswell missed two extra points, which are from 33 yards this preseason instead of the standard 19 yards, in the Texans 32-7 win over the Atlanta Falcons. Bullock made both of his attempts and a 40 yard field goal in the game.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Watt On Getting Signed Jersey From 7 Year Old Fan: “Surely He Has Confidence”
- Keenum Happy To Be Home, And To Get Second Chance With O’Brien’s Texans
- Pauly G’s Power Rankings: House Of Cards
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Tennessee Titans At Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Best Of ‘In The Loop’ Featuring @McClain_on_NFL