Dove Valley, CO (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans created a little bit of a kicker competition at training camp when they signed drafted free agent Chris Boswell from Rice to compete with incumbent kicker Randy Bullock for the place kicker position. Most teams only keep one kicker on their roster and currently the A&M Aggie is beating out the Rice Owl.
“I’d say Randy (Bullock) is in the lead,” Texans Head Coach Bill O’Brien said after practice in Colorado on Thursday. “Randy has made some good kicks. He made some good kicks in the game last week and made a game winner out here yesterday. So, I’d say he’s in the lead right now.”
Boswell missed two extra points, which are from 33 yards this preseason instead of the standard 19 yards, in the Texans 32-7 win over the Atlanta Falcons. Bullock made both of his attempts and a 40 yard field goal in the game.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation