Swearinger: Things Got Chippy Because I Picked Off Manning
Houston (CBS Houston) - The Texans joint practice with the Broncos got a little ‘chippy’ on Wednesday, culminating with cornerback Aqib Talib throwing a football at at Texans safety D.J. Swearinger.
“Well, I actually got a pick. I picked him off. I picked off Peyton (Manning) today,” Swearinger said. “I guess that got them a little chippy. The offense did great, ran the ball down their throat. I mean, I would get mad too.”
Wednesday’s altercation wasn’t the first one Swearinger has been involved in. His spat with Atlanta Falcons receiver Harry Douglas was featured on HBO’s hard knocks.
When asked after practice, Bill O’Brien downplayed the Texans back and forth with the Broncos.
“I don’t really even know what you’re talking about. I really don’t,” O’Brien said. “It was just a lot of good competition.”
Whatever it was that happened Wednesday, D.J. Swearinger has no intention of stopping it.
“I’ve been talking since I was five year’s old on the field,” Swearinger said. “All my older cousins talk to me and push me around, so when I got to this area, I wanted to talk to. That is just a part of me and it doesn’t change my game at all. I think it changes other player’s games because they let me get inside their heads.”
“It’s a part of the game and we’ll settle it on Saturday.” Swearinger said.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job
- One And Done: Myles Turner Leaving Texas For NBA