Falcons RB On Clowney: “Just A Guy”
Houston (CBS Houston)–The Internet essentially exploded in the first quarter of the Houston Texans 32-7 win over the Atlanta Falcons tonight, when No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney crushed running back Antone Smith for a four yard loss and maybe the hit of the NFL preseason.
Smith, who you could say was Vincent Smith’d on the play, apparently wasn’t impressed.
“Just a guy,” Smith said of Clowney. “I don’t see anything special. He’s just a guy. He’s a guy who plays defensive end. He plays pretty good. Made a good play.”
Comments that make for the “yin” to the “yang” of draft gurus projecting Clowney as a potential Hall of Famer before his first professional down.
Smith, who carried eight times for 27 yards tonight, admitted the hit Clowney laid on him was a big one.
“I didn’t see anything,” he said. “The only thing I seen was me hitting the ground.”
But apparently neither Clowney nor the play was what Smith would call “special.”
Hear Matt weekends on Sports Radio 610
Follow him on Twitter @MattHammondShow
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Berkman Named to College Baseball HOF
- Houston Texans Cut Center Chris Myers
- Andre Johnson Asks For Release From Texans
- Matt Hammond Podcast (Mar. 4): With LeSean McCoy-Kiko Alonso Deal, Chip Kelly Bringing In Oregon Players Isn’t Bad For Eagles
- Brad Davis: Dynamo New Primary Kit “Best We’ve Had” Despite Removal Of American Flag