Duane Brown Given Thursday Off
Houston (CBS Houston) – With the offensive line already down starting right guard Brandon Brooks , there was cause for concern when Duane Brown wasn’t at the Texans Thursday morning practice. But after practice Bill O’Brien said there was no cause for worry.
“We just gave him the day off today,” O’Brien said. “We’ll do that every now and then with guys like him. We’ll give them the day off.”
With Brown out, Derek Newton worked at left tackle and Tyson Clabo worked at right tackle. Brown, 28, has been the anchor of the Texans offensive line since being drafted 26th overall in 2008.
He did miss two games early in 2013 with a toe injury. Last season he came into camp as much as 30 pounds lighter and struggled at points during the season. This year, he came back in at the same weight he’s played for most of his career.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal
- Former Miami WR Phillip Dorsett: Texans Have Called Me Within The Past Week