Houston (CBS Houston) – Houston Texans owner Bob McNair had been noticeably thinner in recent months. Over the summer he showed up to a golf tournament with his hair gone. Now we know why.
McNair was battling chronic lymphocytic leukemia and just this week received a clean bill of health from M.D. Anderson, according to the Houston Chronicle’s John McClain.
According to the Chronicle’s report, McNair underwent painful head and neck surgery. He also had 30 sessions of radiation.
“I’ve never been through anything like that, but two days ago, I was given a clean bill of health,” McNair told the Chronicle. “It was worth the pain and suffering.”
McNair chose not to go public with his battle until now. He was given a key to the back door and would sneak in to MD Anderson for treatment. McNair’s radiation treatment was so painful it caused burns that required skin grafts.
“The radiation was worse by far,” McNair told the Chronicle. “I had bandages all over my head. I looked like a mummy.
McNair isn’t the only Texan dealing with cancer. Offensive tackle David Quessenberry is battling lymphoma.
Latest Sports Stories:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation